Stop by An Island Life and enter your cuties in the Post-Halloween Costume Contest. A random winner will be selected to win $50 via PayPal. Deadline to enter is Nov 9th.
“Just One More Book!” is a thrice-weekly podcast which promotes and celebrates literacy and great children’s books. Each weekday morning, we take a few minutes out of our morning coffee ritual to discuss one of our many favorite children’s books. We also feature weekly interviews with authors, illustrators and experts and enthusiasts in the areas of children’s literature and literacy as well as listener-submitted book reviews. You’re all invited to participate (via voice mail or .mp3 file) to discuss your favorite childrens book.
And speaking of Halloween, don’t forget to show-off those adorable costumes in 5 Minutes for Mom’s Halloween Costume Link Up! Share your favorite photos and check out how your fellow bloggers celebrated Halloween!
Stop by Dinkers & Giggles for their 31 Days of Giveaways which will run until the end of November. There are some great prizes to be won!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Capital One allows consumers to personalize their credit card with their own photo and today they’re teaming with Newsweek, a leader in photo journalism to introduce the Capital One – Newsweek American Life Photo Contest by seeking images that best capture every day moments of life in America. Newsweek’s Director of Photography Simon Barnett will select winners’ photos based on originality, creativity, overall photo composition, and appropriateness to “American Life” theme. Online consumer voting from January 6, 2009 to February 6, 2009 will determine the top 50 semi-finalists and at the conclusion of public voting, Simon will determine one grand prize winner and two runners up where you could win $7,000, have his/her photo displayed as the featured image on Capital One’s Image Card site, and a trip to New York City for a private photo tutorial and overview of Newsweek’s Photo Department with Barnett.
Orbitz has teamed up with Disney in the Disney Fairytale Giveaway where you could win one of five customized 5-day/4-night vacations to Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort. You can also win one of 55 secondary prizes that include 15 complete Disney vacations and 40 pairs of roundtrip airfare vouchers. Stop by Orbitz for more details.
Best Buy has recently launched it’s first-ever Black Friday VIP contest to celebrate the tradition of Black Friday shopping. One winner from each of the twenty-five eligible markets (listed below) will win a $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card and full VIP treatment including a limousine ride to and from a designated Best Buy store, On-site pampering and prizes for the winner and up to three guests, early admittance into the store at 4:30 a.m. – a half-hour before anyone else, the opportunity to purchase up to four doorbusters, and a Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder to document the Black Friday VIP experience. To enter, consumers need to share how Black Friday shopping is an important holiday tradition for them and their family, and what kinds of rituals they have to make the morning after Thanksgiving an enjoyable kick off to the holiday season. Consumers can submit stories on www.AskABlueShirt.net/blackfridayvipfrom October 29, 2008 – November 18, 2008. One winner in each market will be notified by November 24.
Check out Nancy’sand tell her your best party planning tip — it just might be worth some serious cash. While you’re there, have a little fun creating a virtual collage of your ideal party. Submit your “Secret to Success” party planning tip, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $3,000, a generous assortment of Nancy’s appetizers and a gift box of assorted Vanity Fair products to throw your dream holiday party! Three runners-up will also receive $1,000 each toward their party along with a variety of party supplies.
Need a vacation, but don’t have the funds right now? Luckily, you can win one instantly in the new Top 20 Instant Win Sweepstakes from Travelzoo, the guide to the world’s best travel deals! Hopefuls can enter the contest online or by text message, and will find out immediately if they won. In addition, you can enter to win the grand prize, which consists of all the Top 20 deals. To enter the sweepstakes, text WinNY (for New Yorkers), WinSF (for San Franciscans) or WinTZ (for anyone not in New York City or San Francisco) to 68247, or visit Top20InstantWin.com before November 30.
IsaBooties eco-friendly baby shoes has partnered with Belle Baby Carriers, Go Natural Baby, and Cariboo of New Zealand to offer the ultimate giveaway of eco-friendly products. These great products are not only hip, stylish and functional, but also healthy for your readers’ little ones and the Earth! Stop by IsaBooties before November 11th for more details.
ee is currently holding a Halloween/Octoberfest Contest where you could be the lucky winner of a Nana Star plushie & book of your choice. In addition, since ee‘s most important initiative is the Nana Star Foundation, in honor of each contest winner we are donating products to Cheerful Givers (a nonprofit organization dedicated to giving birthday gift-bags to children living in poverty). You can find all the details on their blaph. Deadline to enter is Nov 10th.
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – Tickets to MI Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus (Nov 3rd)
- Tara’s View of the World – $54.95 bookmaking credits to Blurb (Nov 5th/Any)
- Nurse Mommy – FS Juicy couture perfume, Blush Topless Undershirt, Diaper Bag of choice from Crickets and Monkeys, Little Docs Skin Care Line, Diaper/Messenger Bag of Choice from O yikes, $25 gift card from Things that Make Scents, Kathy Hiltons “My Secret” full sized perfume (Nov 2nd)
- Did You See That? – iPod Shuffle (Nov 6th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Tiny Prints package (50 cards, 72 address labels, 60 stamps) (Nov 7th/Any)
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – Holiday Cards from tiny*prints (Nov 7th)
- An Island Life – $100 to Apple.com (Nov 8th)
- Mommy’s Idea – Sony Cybershot Digital Camera from Ciao! (Nov 20th/US)
Just for Men
- Hunt Kentucky – Hunting DVD, Hat, and Fishing Lure (Nov 4th)
Just for Women
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Rhinestone Strappy’s (Nov 1st/US)
- Mommy’s Idea – Pendant from Analiese Designs (Nov 12th/US, Can)
- Tara’s View of the World – Rockstar Organics original gift tote from 90210 Organics (Nov 10th/Any)
- Tara’s View of the World – “Pine Forrest” Hemi Jasper and Sterling Silver earrings from jaC Jewelry (Nov 12th/Any)
- Tara’s View of the World – Tranquility Mini Art Pendant from BeeDazzle (Nov 12th/Any)
- 5 Minutes for Mom – Women’s Footwear from You by crocs (Nov 21st/US)
- An Island Life – Women’s Footwear from You by crocs (Nov 21st/US)
Just for Kids
- An Island Review – KiddoKards (Nov 2nd/Any)
- A Window To My Crazy Life – Little Fit Hat (Nov 2nd/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Boo Boo Soother (Nov 2nd/US)
- Bod Squad Blog – Secret Keeper Girl (Nov 3rd)
- The Laughs Will Go On – SWIMMI Diaper Giveaway (Nov 3rd)
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – 2 books from MOMWorks (Nov 3rd)
- SAHM Reviews – “I Spy Private Eye” Game from Briarpatch – (Nov 3rd/US)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Groovy Rudy CD (Nov 4th)
- Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms – Children’s CD featuring your child’s name in the songs from My Music CD (Nov 4th)
- An Island Review – Thomas’ Great Race Game (Nov 5th/US)
- Did You See That? – Thomas’ Great Race Game (Nov 5th)
- Simple – Childs Apron Set or Cookbook (Nov 5th)
- Livin’ With Me – That’s Me on TV DVD (Nov 5th)
- Sassy Frazz – The Sportys DVD (Nov 6th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – Baby Zoobie Pet (Nov 6th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – See Kai Run Shoes (Nov 6th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – Fancy Nancy Posh Bedroom Board Game (Nov 6th/Cont US)
- An Island Review – The Sportys DVD (Nov 7th/Any)
- Muses Reviews – I Spy Bag from Those Greathouse Women (Nov 7th/US)
- Tara’s View on Books – Cole Family Christmas book (Nov 8th/Any)
- An Island Life – Your choice of Polliwalks Shoes for Kids (Nov 9th/US)
- An Island Review – Bella Sara Trading Cards (Nov 9th/Any)
- Tara’s View of the World – Groovy Ruby CD- “Strong, Lovin’, and Free” (Nov 9th/Any)
- Mommy’s Idea – “Let’s Get Ready” Books (Nov 10th/US)
- Traveling with Baby – Dream Songs Night Songs from Belgium to Brazil enhanced CD (Nov 3rd)
- Glimpse – Snappi Cloth Diaper Accessories (Nov 3rd)
- An Island Review – $25 to Sugar Sweet Baby (Nov 4th/US)
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – 4-pack of Computer Games from Giggles Baby (Nov 5th)
- Close to Home – Diaper Genie II Elite (Nov 6th)
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – One pair of shoes from ShooFoo (Nov 8th)
- Sassy Frazz – Lullaby Exercises DVD (Nov 10th/Cont US)
- Sticky Feet – 3 tubes of Lanisoh Diaper Cream, travel wipes, and baby books (Nov 15th)
- Susan Heim on Parenting – A set of silicone products from Silikids (Nov 16th)
- Sister Sister – It’s One HUGE Holiday Mealtime Giveaway (Dec 1st)
Home & Garden
- An Island Life – BusyBodyBook (Nov 2nd/Any)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Holiday Gift Tags and Return Labels from Mabel’s Labels (Nov 3rd)
- Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms – Handmade Pillow Covers from Pearl Davis (Nov 5th)
- An Island Review - Lexen Healthy Juicer (Nov 7th/US)
- Grasping for Objectivity in my Subjective Life – Red Mountain Music’s Christmas CD (Nov 10th/US, Can)
Books for Grown-Ups
- The Bluestocking Guide – Dream or Destiny by Lillie Ammann (Nov 4th)
- SAHM Reviews – Autographed Copy of Adam Shepard’s Book “Scratch Beginnings” (Nov 4th/US)
- Tara’s View on Books – Alpine Americas by Don Mellor and Olaf Soot (Nov 5th/Any)
- The Bluestocking Guide – Lost and Found by Carollyn Parkhurst (Nov 6th)
- Muse Reviews – Show Me How: 500 Things You Should Know (Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic (Nov 7th/US)
- Tara’s View on Books – Finding Father Christmas and Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn (Nov 7th/Any)
- Tara’s View on Books – Bible Illuminated book (Nov 10th/Any)
- Hippos Toes – Meet a Clothing Maker from South Africa
- Angel’s Kisses – Receive 10% off your next purchase from Simple Salutations. Code “angelskisses”.
- Twisted Silver – From now until Nov 4th, receive two free Whisper bangle bracelets for every online purchase you make. And if you’d like add even more to your jewelry collection, they’re only $10 each.
- Jig-a-Loo – Ever wanted to try Jig-a-Loo? Now’s your chance! For a limited time, purchase a can of Jig-a-Loo, fill-out the appropriate form (available online), end it in with your receipt, and receive a refund check for your entire purchase amount. In other words, it’s FREE!
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.