As you know, you can come back all week and add a post or giveaway to our Mister Linky. Be sure to check back often, as new links will be added daily. You don’t want to miss out on something fun.
- Do you have a remarkable grandparent in your life? With Grandparents Day coming up on September 19th, Grandparents.com would like to honor them. Nominate them and they’ll be sent a congratulations e-mail telling them you nominated them (and you’ll get some brownie points!). Five top nominees will be featured on the site and for the five winners, a donation of $500 will be made in their name to a school of their choice…any school counts- it doesn’t matter if it’s a nursery school or a college!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
- Nestle Drumstick Lil’ Drums is searching for ten kids across the nation who have shown outstanding acts of bravery or have made a difference in their communities. From now until August 15, 2009, parents, teachers and inspired adults can nominate their Lil’ Heroes, who will have a chance to win a $1,000 U.S. Savings Bond and a special delivery of enough Nestle Drumstick Lil’ Drums sundae cones to host a party for up to 50 family and friends. For official rules and to download an entry form, visit www.drumstick.com
- Nominate an extraordinary educator by visiting www.expoeducator.com and submitting a brief essay about the teacher you feel deserves a little more recognition. Twelve semi-finalists and one-grand prize winner (known as the “EXPO Extraordinary Educator”) will be given a financial break – prizes include cash, free EXPO school supplies and more!
- This summer, IHOP is inviting guests to tell their best “staycation stories” of memories of time spent close to home for the chance to win a vacation trip for two to Honolulu, Hawaii. Between now and August 14, guests can submit their stories in 250 words or less at www.ihop.com.Five finalists will be selected and the public will be invited to vote on the winning story.
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and Fertility LifeLines™, a free patient resource provided by EMD Serono, are holding the first-ever In The Know Short Film Competition. The competition is geared toward couples who have struggled with infertility and are willing to share their story with others who may be going through a similar journey. Family and friends who have been touched by infertility through loved ones can also send in an inspirational short film. Deadline for submissions is August 1! Learn more at www.FetilityLifeLinesfilms.com.
- Walmart is launching the “Write to Change the Classroom” program inspired by Ty’Sheoma Bethea’s letter to Congress about the poor state of her school. Her letter was recognized by President Obama during his State of the Union speech in February. President Obama mentioned that Ty’Sheoma inspired change in her classroom. Now the hope is to inspire change in classrooms across the country. Write in with your classroom needs for the fall and have an opportunity to be one of 20 schools awarded with $8,000 worth of back to school supplies. Deadline to enter is July 24th, 2009.
- Here and There Harry Potter Kids DVD (7/19 US Only)
- Here and There Bill Engvall tee (7/19 US Only)
- An Island Life $25 gift cards to Marshalls and TJ Maxx (7/20)
- Busy Mommy Sustainable Lunch Products (7/21 US Only)
- Mom Know It All Bake Me A Wish Cake (7/21 US Only)
- Thrifty Jinxy 500GB Seagate FreeAgent Go (7/21 US Only)
- Rockin’ Mama $50 Visa Card (7/22 US Only)
- Cool Baby Kid Top Picks Prize Giveaway – over $900 of prizes (7/22 US Only)
- Did You See That? Picture Keeper (7/22)
- Here and There Nostradamus 2012 DVD (7/22 US Only)
- Sassy Frazz Hasbro Card Game – 6 winners (7/23 US Only)
- Busy Mommy Simple Greens Naturals cleaning products (7/24 US Only)
- Rockin’ Mama Off Powerpad Lamp and Lantern (7/25 US Only)
- A Contest Blog Free Ad Spot (7/30 Worldwide)
- The Nurse Mommy La Viette Dessert Towel (7/30 US Only)
- A Working, Blogging Mommy Designer Shower Curtain (7/30 US Only)
- A Bookworm Mom’s Diary Betty Crocker Sweet Moments Prize Pack (8/4 US Only)
- Rockin’ Mama $100 to SlimPerfect (7/20 US Only)
- Sandier Pastures Cashmere Pashmina Shawl (7/21 US Only)
- Glimpse Handmade Bath and Body products (7/23 US & Canada)
- The Mommy Trade Two hairbows and reversible headband (7/24)
- Traveling with Baby Olivia Crocs (7/28 US Only)
- Glimpse Jack and Lily Shoes (7/20 US & Canada)
- Mommy Reviewed $10 to BabySafeTravel.com (8/1 US Only)
- A Heart for Home Handmade, safe baby toy (8/3)
Just For Kids
- An Island Life I Love Beauty: Hollywood Makeover for Nintendo DS (7/19 US & Canada)
- The Mama Hood’s Goods My Secret Circle (7/20 US & Canada)
- Val’s Views Personalized Children’s Book (7/20 US Only)
- Muse Reviews Cinderella dress up (7/22 US Only)
- Rockin’ Mama Bedtime with Elmo DVD – 3 winners (7/23 US Only)
- An Island Life Smooshies (7/25 US Only)
- Sassy Frazz Water Toy from Prime Time Toys (7/28 US Only)
Books for Grown-Ups
- Did You See That? Easy on the Eyes (7/21 US Only)
- Not Entirely British And They Were Not Ashamed – Strengthening Marriage through Sexual Fulfillment (7/22)
- Reading to Know Four item giveaway (7/25)
- A Book Blogger’s Diary American Lion (8/7 US Only)
- A Book Blogger’s Diary The Castaways – Elin Hilderbrand (8/12 US & Canada)
- A Book Blogger’s Diaray Summer books (8/31 US & Canada)
Books for Kids
- Mom Know It All Toddler Interpreter (Baby sign language book) (7/22 US Only)
- Mozart: The Wonder Child (7/24 US Only)
Would you like to share a fun giveaway or a worth our while post? Please add it to the Mr. Linky below. You can come here any time this week to add in your link. Don’t miss out on the fun. Be sure to visit throughout the week as the linky grows, and more sites are added.
Powered by MckLinky
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
You can find Marissa writing away at Mama Sparkles.