If you’re looking for a sweet treat, try these 1 Hour Strawberry Sweet Rolls. This recipe is super easy and everyone in your family will love them.
I’ve always loved cinnamon buns, and this tasty alternative makes a lovely treat for after school snacks or weekend brunches.
They are so easy to make, I’m sure they’ll become a regular around my home. Our family are all strawberry fans.
Watch the video below to see how simple the recipe really is…
Strawberry Sweet Rolls Recipe
- 3 ½ cups flour + more for surface dusting
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh hulled and cubed strawberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine half of your flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat butter, milk, and water together over medium-low heat until melted and completely liquid.
- Pour in butter mixture and beat until just blended.
- Add in more flour, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat for 5 seconds, then switch to hand-kneading until a dough ball forms. If you find your dough is too sticky, add in more flour ¼ cup at a time.
- Set in a warm spot for 10 minutes to rise.
- While dough is rising, make strawberry filling by combining strawberries and sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until you have a jam-like texture. Set aside.
- Roll out your dough into a large rectangle, then generously spread strawberries over the entire surface.
- Loosely roll your dough into a spiral, making sure not to squeeze too much strawberry mixture out in the process.
- With a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch rolls using a sawing motion.
- Arrange 1 inch apart in a pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix icing ingredients vigorously with a whisk, and drizzle over fully cooked rolls.
Your kids will love to help make these strawberry sweet rolls. Even if your children are still little, they’ll love mixing ingredients, spreading out the strawberries, and rolling up the buns.
Cooking and baking with kids makes more than great food… it makes memories that last forever.
We hope you love baking these treats as much as you enjoy eating them!
Pin it for Later