Gone are the days of boring egg salad. Not that I don’t appreciation a good old-fashioned egg salad recipe, but it’s fun to change things up sometimes too!
The vegetables give great texture to this recipe, and serving it in lettuce cups keeps it fresh and light (and gluten-free).
Any kind of olives will work, but we used a mixture from the olive bar at our local grocery store. It’s a great way to get several different varieties without having to buy multiple jars.
Since the red peppers will change the color of the salad, we waited until the last step to stir them in.
The olives and feta are both salty, so be sure to taste the salad before adding extra salt.
The cucumber will release liquid into the salad as it sits, so it’s best to eat this all at once. If you plan on having leftovers, I would leave out the cucumber, and add it before serving.
Depending on how you serve this, it will feed 3-4 people. We served it with romaine hearts and it made six, which fed three people.
Mediterranean Egg Salad In Lettuce Cups Recipe
- 5 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup mixed olives chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and set aside.
- Chop the olives and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, cucumber, red onion, green onion, chopped olives, and feta. Stir well to combine.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the roasted red peppers, and stir until just combined.
- Serve with romaine hearts, pita bread, or over a bed of mixed greens.
Pin it for Later