This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you’ve never tried raw Brussels sprouts, this recipe for Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette is a great way to try them out. The crisp, smoky bacon, along with the chewy, sweet cranberries, and tangy dressing perfectly compliment the bitter, peppery Brussels sprouts.
This is a perfect healthy lunch or a dinner side dish and it’s delicious year-round. This salad is quick and easy, healthy, and tasty.
Although you could slice the Brussels sprouts and a food processor, using a knife ensures you get uniform slices, and it takes no time at all. I had the whole bag sliced in 10 minutes.
If you don’t have pepitas, you could use any kind of toasted nuts you like (or leave them out). You can also use any kind of dried fruit you like in place of the cranberries, but you’ll definitely want a pop of sweetness to balance the flavors.
This served four as a side dish but could also serve two as a generous-sized lunch.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts raw
- 4 slices bacon thick-cut
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas
- Add the garlic, red wine vinegar, Dijon, sugar, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify the dressing. Set aside.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the Brussels sprouts as thin as you can get them.
- Using your hands, massage the Brussels sprouts to soften and separate the leaves.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the bowl with the dressing, followed by the bacon, cranberries, and pepitas.
- Toss well to combine, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, taste the salad, and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- To serve, sprinkle extra pepitas on top!
Pin for Later
Leave a Comment