This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This sheet pan dinner has all the flavors of fall. The sweet potato and sage complement each other perfectly and really make the dish. It’s also gluten-free and super healthy!
We love easy dinner recipes that we can make on weeknights when we’re rushed with the demands of kids’ activities and homework.
This feeds two adults, or one adult and two kids, but you can easily double it. Just keep in mind that you may need to use a bigger pan and adjust the cooking time.
When I’m cooking for myself and my two young girls, this amount is more than enough for us.
It’s important to arrange the ingredients on the pan the way we did. The sweet potatoes take the longest and need to be around the outside. This also gets them nice and caramelized, which adds tons of flavor. Keeping the chicken in the center prevents it from overcooking while everything else gets done.
We like our green beans tender, so 25 minutes was perfect for us. If you like yours more crisp, you can add them to the pan after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
This was easy to put together and cooks up in less about 30 minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight meal for busy school nights.
Sheet Pan Dinner with Sweet Potatoes and Sage
Sheet Pan Dinner with Sweet Potatoes and Sage Recipe
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 2 small sweet potatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 onion sliced thick
- 8 fresh sage leaves sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes, onions, and green beans to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes and onions around the outside of the pan.
- Arrange the green beans just inside the potatoes, leaving enough room for the chicken.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the butter is melted, whisk to combine, and remove from the heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, the sage, and half of the Italian parsley. Stir to combine.
- Brush the bottom of each chicken breast with the butter mixture, and lay them in the center of the pan. Liberally brush the top of the chicken breast with the remaining mixture, making sure to use it all.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken registers at 165 F. Rotate the pan halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining Italian parsley before serving.
Pin it for Later
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at pinterest.com/5minutesformom
Leave a Comment