This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This recipe for Creamy Paprika Beef Goulash is quick enough to make on a busy weeknight.
You can have this whole meal on the table in about 30 minutes. To make your meal preparation a little quicker, get the pasta going first and work on the sauce while it’s cooking. By the time your pasta is ready, your sauce is well on its way to being done as well.
We wanted a more authentic flavor to this goulash, so we used lots of paprika and finished it with a little sour cream. The complexity of the flavors were just delicious and a nice change from your usual goulash recipe.
And of course, you can adjust the ingredients to suit your own tastes. If you like spicier foods, you could add some crushed red pepper or hot paprika. And if you like more sour cream, feel free to add it. Don’t like mushrooms? You can leave them out!
Using lean ground beef not only keeps this a little lighter, but you also don’t have to drain it which saves a step and keeps all the flavors in one pan.
Preparing Creamy Paprika Beef Goulash
We’ve included detailed recipe steps below, but here’s a look at the process…
- 16- ounces large elbow noodles
- 1- pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8- ounces baby bella mushroom sliced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, drain and set aside.
- Place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the ground beef.
- Saute the beef until it is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are mostly cooked.
- Add the garlic and seasonings, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cook for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- While the sauce is cooking, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water.
- When the sauce has cooked for 10 minutes, slowly stream in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and low and let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and parsley, and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust the salt to your liking.
- Serve with additional sour cream and parsley sprinkled on top.
- We like to serve this with a fresh baguette and a salad.
Share With Your Friends
We’d love, love, love a tweet or a pin… Thanks so much! 🙂
[Tweet “Try this easy and delicious recipe for Creamy Paprika Beef Goulash…”]
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at pinterest.com/5minutesformom
Leave a Comment