Tonya here, and now that graduation season is upon us I’m going to give you tips for throwing the perfect graduation party with the help of Upromise by Sallie Mae.
This is my son Jayden, he graduated from high school last year and just finished his first year of college. Handsome isn’t he? I may be biased though.
Graduation is a big deal for our kids. Whether they are graduating from kindergarten, high school, or college, host a party to celebrate their success and show them how proud you are that they are moving onto the next step. Graduation celebrations don’t have to be expensive, or elaborate, they could be as simple as taking something special to their graduation, hosting a small get-together at home with close family and friends, or throwing a big bash. There are tons of ideas out there to help you and I’ve rounded up some of the best to cater for every celebration no matter your celebration size and budget.
Here’s a great graduation checklist to get you started.
These fabulous graduation party tips have been provided by Upromise by Sallie Mae.
- Dine on Something Delicious: One of the most important parts of any party is the food! However, not everyone likes to cook and catering is usually associated with a huge price tag. However, with the Upromise dining program, you can earn 5% back when you buy from participating local restaurants!
- Provide Party Favors: Though not expected, simple party favor bags can be a great way to thank guests for taking the time to celebrate with you. Upromise partner Walmart.com has great options like these fun goodies that can double as party décor.
- Offer Party Games: A good host always manages to keep their guests entertained. Be sure to have a few games or activities readily available that are fun for parents and students alike. We recommend having a few activities that are physical and a few that you can play sitting down. For instance, check out these fun games from Upromise partners Sears.com and Kohl’s.
- Make a Photo Memory Board: One staple of the modern day graduation party is a memory board, including pictures of the graduate growing up. Utilize the Upromise eCoupon program at your favorite drug or grocery store to save money on printing out the physical photos.
- Ask for Gifts that Keep on Giving: Guests inevitably bring gifts to graduation parties. Why not ask them to contribute to the graduate’s college fund while shopping? With Upromise’s Friends and Family program, they can donate a portion of their savings to your children while shopping online where they would normally shop – after all, it takes a village.
Graduation celebrations can be expensive for many families, so be sure to earn cashback for education when you shop through Upromise.com. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Your graduate is bound to love these party supplies and gifts available through Upromise retailers, and the best part is if you order on-line through Upromise you earn cash back for college.
Do you want simple graduation craft and food party ideas that won’t break the bank? Take a look at these from a few of my friends:
Looking for more great ideas? Take a look at these great Pinterest boards:
To date, Upromise members have earned $940,000,000 and counting, helping families contribute to college tuition, expenses and loans. Members can allocate their cash back earnings in several ways to help plan, save and pay for college. Upromise members can:
- Transfer earnings to eligible 529 plans or high-yield savings accounts
- Apply earnings to student loan repayment
- Request a check for cash for books and other expenses
- Split up earnings across multiple beneficiaries
Share With Your Friends
We’d love a tweet or a pin…
[Tweet “How to Throw the Perfect Graduation Party – Tips to get your celebration started…”]
I received compensation from Upromise in exchange for writing this review. Although this is a sponsored post, all opinions my own.
Written by Tonya Staab, lifestyle blogger at Create-Celebrate-Explore