Last month, I caught my daughter’s virus. It started with a headache that traveled from the back of my neck and quickly spread through my whole body.
The headaches and body aches were followed by a sore throat and then a cough.
But, like most moms, I kept plugging along, since dinner needed to be cooked and kids needed to be taken to practices and work needed to get done.
Why is it so hard for moms to slow down and take a sick day?
Wait. I really don’t want to have to answer that….
Last week, I knew my illness had taken a turn for the worst, but it wasn’t until Thursday, when I had a fever over 101, that I allowed myself to admit that I needed to see a doctor. I called first thing Friday morning, and got the diagnosis that I had been suspecting: pneumonia.
With a slew of moms online watching out for my health, I determined to do for ME what I would be doing for my kids:
- plenty of rest (even if it means directing the kids from my perch on the couch)
- lots and lots of fluids (Coke Zero makes my throat feel SO good. It’s still a liquid, right?)
- early bed time (such a hard one for me!)
- a day off (or two or three) to regain strength
- reminder – some things can wait (that includes laundry and vacuuming….and writing that blog post)
- accept help (the kids might just enjoy playing doctor to Mommy)
- do something enjoyable (like read a book or play a game. Being sick doesn’t have to be 100% miserable!)
How do you manage Mommy sick days?
Calling All Tacklers!
We’re looking for YOU – guest bloggers to post about your own tackles right here. If you are interested in showing off your tackles (we all need some tips and ideas!) then send a quick email to lolli.5m4m at gmail (link in the About Lolli section at the bottom of the post). Thanks for your inspiring tackles!!
Mom Bloggers — what are you tackling this week?
Link up your Tackle it Tuesday post…
Tell us what you’re up to with all your other tackles… housework and otherwise… add your link to your tackle in the Linky below!
We are Tackling Our To-Do Lists Together and making housework bloggable — Each week on Tuesday, we are posting before and after pictures of a project or trouble area that we tackled this week.
Find out more about how Tackle It Tuesday began.
The project can be little or big – whatever you want.
Basically, Tackle It Tuesday is about giving ourselves incentive, deadlines and satisfaction in tackling all our tasks — whether household or otherwise.
If you tackled a project this week, just add a comment and add your link below.
Here is a fun thumbnail linky:
And here is a basic linky if you prefer your linkies the good old fashioned way!