The generosity of the Christmas Giveaway is extending here to the Books column. This is post one of two today that features some great gift idea giveaways (the second is HERE). We also have a great DVD giveaway at the 5 Minutes for Books site this week.
The last Harry Potter giveaway we did was so popular, I am thrilled to be able to offer another one in conjunction with the release of the all-new Tales of Beedle the Bard. It releases on December 4, and as with everything Harry Potter, they aren’t releasing anything until that time. I hope to publish a review on 5 Minutes for Books once I get it, so I can let you know what I think (In the meantime, amazon has a fabulous preorder price of only $7.14, and they always guarantee a credit if the price drops any lower).
The Tales of Beedle the Bard features five classic-wizarding tales written and illustrated by J.K. Rowling. A must have for every Harry Potter Fan! Available December 4, 2008!
This purchase also represents another very important form of giving: From every sale of this book, Scholastic will give its net proceeds to The Children’s High Level Group, a charity co-founded in 2005 by J. K. Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP to make life better for vulnerable children.
One grand prize winner will receive
- A complete boxed set of books 1 – 7, hardcover editions, in a trunk-like box (retail value $195.00)
- a hardcover copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Four first-prize winners will receive a hardcover copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard
I am generally a soft-cover kind of gal, and I specifically love the Harry Potter trade paperback versions, but they are so thick that they aren’t holding up so well to repeated reading. I’ve read them each once, and now Amanda has read some of them once. I’m feeling the urge to start again, and since I’m not letting her read the last couple of books quite yet, she’s thinking she’s going to start over. My point? — I think that a hardcover set would be a great Christmas gift for any fan of Harry (or one who you are introducing to this fantastic series).
Leave a comment if you’d like to win one of these great prizes. We’ll post the winners on December 15, and you should receive it in time for Christmas.
- As always, non bloggers are welcome to participate!
- Entries are open from Monday, November 24th through Sunday, December 14th at 7pm EST.
- Our winner will be drawn randomly and we will announce the winner Monday, December 15th. Please make sure to check our site and your email address to see if you have won a prize. We must receive your reply within 5 business days. (If you want your prize to arrive in time — the sooner we hear from you, the better!)
- This contest is open to US shipping addresses. Due to legal restrictions, this promotion is not available in Arizona.
Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules.