Simply… Go-Gurt’s Embracing Simplicity contest here at 5 Minutes for Mom inspired me to think about how to capture Simplicity in a photograph. Here are my thoughts:
- Choose a simple subject. Light coming in from the window is a simple way to make an everyday object beautiful.
- No need for fancy props, tutus on babies, or anything fussy. Snap the things in life that bring you comfort every day.
- Minimize your Photoshop time. Let your camera help you with exposure and focus, and you’re 90% there. I found this leaf on a walk the other day and spent less than 2 minutes in Photoshop adjusting it.
- Keep your portraits simple. Zoom way in so that you are only including the face, or maybe a hand or foot. Avoid distracting details – simple beauty is enough.
- Sometimes, one image is all you need to tell a beautiful story. Focus on key elements and don’t feel compelled to capture the entire scene.
Show us how you Embrace Simplicity. Find the details on entering the 5 Minutes for Moms photography contest here.