Happy back-to-school, y’all! It’s Danielle again from Busy Mom’s Helper, and I have got an amazing craft project to share with you today.
You’ll love how fun and stylish this Painted Mirror Quote is, plus it’s super easy!
I’ve been slowly decorating our home, since we moved in over a year ago (yes, I’m a bit of a slacker with unpacking), and wanted to do a pretty focal piece for above my Backpack Center. I also needed something that was LARGE enough to cover such a big blank wall. This Painted Mirror Quote was the perfect touch, and I’ve gotten so many compliments on it from friends who stop by.
- Vinyl lettering
- Paint/paint brush
- Nail or something to hang it up
- Get your vinyl lettering. I used my fabulous Silhouette Cameo to cut mine out exactly how I wanted (different fonts for each thing).
If you doing the FAMILY type thing like I did, I’d suggest placing your FAMILY letters down the center FIRST. Then apply the other text around it. Smooth the vinyl to avoid any bleeding edges.
- Paint over the entire mirror. I did two coats just to ensure it was fully covered. Allow to dry completely.
- With a toothpick or your fingernail, gently pull up the edges of each vinyl word. Be careful not to pull too roughly or it could bring up some of the other paint.
- If you have any touch-up spots, just use a little paint brush to fix those. Hang it up, and enjoy this beautiful, almost 3-D looking decoration for your home.
You could do different images, paint colors… Seriously, you could customize this so much and really make it YOURS. It’s so fun, yet easy and quick. Totally the type of home decor project I enjoy.
Try This DIY Next…
If you liked this DIY Painted Mirror Quote, you’re going to love this DIY Bon Appetit Kitchen Sign.
Find more DIY projects on our DIY Pinterest Board…