Hey ya’all, Danielle here again! I have a confession: I’m totally addicted to my slowcooker! For us busy women (or men), it’s just a huge lifesaver. Throw a bunch of stuff in then forget about it a few hours, resulting in a delicious, homemade dinner? I’ll take it! This Tequila Lime Roast was so simple, and hubby loved it for his Father’s Day dinner!
Since my hubby and I are huge foodies, I get kind of nervous on holidays that revolve around him, such as his birthday or Father’s Day. I would hate to ruin a meal on his special day! This year for Father’s Day he wanted a tender and juicy roast with lots of flavor. I automatically thought of using tequila, and went from there to make this so dang juicy and fall-apart amazing!
Honestly, I never used tequila for a red meat before, so was a bit hesitant to try it. I couldn’t believe the flavor, though! Seriously, this will have you begging for seconds (or thirds, as he did)! The other wonderful part? Slow-cooker = super easy for you!
Notes: this was made in our 5-quart slow-cooker. You may need to adjust based on your slow-cooker size.
- Large Roast (ours was about 5 lbs)
- 1 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro
- 1 small can (4 oz.) Green Chilis, diced
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Pepper
- Mix the Lime Juice, Tequila and Orange Juice in the slow cooker
- Combine the Cilantro, Green Chilis, Chili Powder, Garlic, Honey, Salt and Pepper in bowl. Rub this mixture all over your roast. Place the roast in your slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours, or on high 4-6 hours. Make sure it is fully cooked. Enjoy this flavorful, tender and juicy roast!
Find more delicious recipes on our Pinterest Recipes Board.