We eat a lot of chicken. No, really, a LOT of chicken. It’s such a versatile and tasty protein source, that it graces our table 4-5 nights per week.
In an effort to keep our menu ever-changing, I came up with a new recipe the other night. It was so well received by my family that I thought I’d share it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 recipe Ranch dressing mix recipe follows
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice crystals
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Combine half of the Ranch dressing mix with the cream cheese.
- Combine the second half of the Ranch dressing mix with the mayonnaise
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, leaving breast intact on one side.
- Fill the split breast with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture
- Spread the outside of the breast with 1/4 of mayonnaise mixture
- Bake on baking sheet for 35 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with a side salad.