Our friend Lisa – The Domestic Life Stylist shares her delicious recipe that will be sure to warm you up during the cooler days ahead.
Depending on where you live, the temperatures have already started cooling down quite a bit. Before you know it, everyone will be walking around in winter coats. This type of weather is perfect for a hearty bowl of warm soup. This Slow Cooker Kale, Sausage and Lentil Soup lends itself to healthy and delicious eating. It’s comfort food that you can feel good about.
Simple all-natural ingredients make this a soup a tasty winner.
Slow Cooker Kale Sausage & Lentil Soup
- 1 cup dry lentils (rinsed)
- 2 chopped carrots
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 14 oz kielbasa sausage (sliced)
- 1 bunch of kale
- 6 cups water (may use chicken stock)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Place lentils at the bottom of slow cooker
- Add vegetables, sausage, seasonings and spices
- Add water/chicken stock
- Stir well and cook on high heat for 4 hours
- Once ready to serve, stir to get lentils at the bottom of slow cooker
- Serve with crusty Italian bread
This recipe requires the use of a slow cooker. Prepare in the morning or early afternoon for a supper that is sure to please.
Pin it for Later