Try this simple couscous salad recipe for a fast, healthy lunch or dinner. Add it as a side dish, top with some grilled chicken, or serve up a plate-full.
I love all kinds of salads. From greens to grains, salads are my favorite meal to prepare and to eat.
One of the best things about making salads, (aside from feeling like I was so well behaved having eaten a salad for dinner that I reason I can indulge in some ice cream for dessert,) is that I can vary my creation based on what I have in my fridge or pantry.
This simple couscous salad recipe is perfect for tailoring to your family’s taste or to what foods you have one hand. Have some celery, peppers or cucumbers that need eating? Throw them in! Feel like a salty kick? Go crazy with the feta cheese and jarred artichokes.
I like to make my couscous with chicken broth for extra flavor, but cooking with water works too. And I like my salad to have as much flavor as possible, so in addition to tossing in olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing, I drizzle on some balsamic reduction syrup too. But, whatever you have available will be great!
Fast and Easy Couscous Salad with Artichokes and Feta
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Feta Cheese
- Jarred or Canned Artichoke Hearts
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Canned Beans - I used a mixed blend
- Red Peppers
- Green Onion
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar Reduction for drizzling - optional
To Cook Couscous:
- Bring chicken stock to a boil
- Stir in couscous
- Remove from heat
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- Fluff with fork
To Prepare Dressing:
- Mix two parts Olive Oil and one part Balsamic Vinegar
To Prepare Salad:
- Chop vegetables, including green onion and 1/2 of your parsley
- Add cooked couscous into a large mixing bowl
- Add chopped vegetables, chopped onion and parsley, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes
- Add drained and rinsed beans
- Add crumbled or cubed feta
- Add dressing - I use approximately 1/4 cup but add to your taste
- Serve and drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar Reduction and garnish with parsley if desired