This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you attended BlogHer this year in New York City, then you may have found a small spot of serenity at the Wal-Mart & Hershey’s Camp Bondfire.
Upon entering the hotel suite, each guest stepped into a backyard of campfire fun complete with tabletop grills to roast marshmallows and make scrumptious graham cracker and chocolate sandwiches also known as s’mores.
It was the tastiest fun at BlogHer.
But this campfire themed fun wasn’t without reason. Did you know Friday, August 10th is National S’mores Day?
For my chocolate loving family, that’s old news. However, this year, we decided to commemorate the occasion with a twist on an old favorite: S’more Hot Chocolate.
So this season, when you’re snuggling around a campfire, wrap your hands around this warm chocolaty goodness.
S'more Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Hershery’s Cocoa
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 – 16 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- Hershey’s syrup
- 1 - 1.55 oz Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar
- Graham crackers for topping
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together sugar, cocoa and salt. Gently stir in water.
- Pour mixture in a saucepan and warm over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir 2 minutes more.
- Lower heat and add milk, stirring constantly. Warm milk through, but do not allow milk to boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Beat with a whisk until foamy. Then, pour hot chocolate into a mug.
- Add fluff to a small storage-size Ziploc bag. Cut a small hole in corner of bag and pipe over cocoa carefully so it floats.
- Very carefully pour chocolate syrup around rim of mug.
- Grate milk chocolate over fluff.
- Add one square of graham cracker to hot chocolate and serve.
Leave a Comment