This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This is my favorite time of year! Our farm’s fresh melons are starting to be big and plump enough to pick. We have watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.
I love finding cold Summer treats that utilize the fresh produce in our area or available at our farmer’s market. This easy melon Granita is super simple to make, only requires 4 ingredients and tastes like Summer in my mouth.
So grab a ripe melon, your blender and a few simple ingredients and make yourself this guilt-free treat.
- 3 cups melon cubed - watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar or less to taste
- pinch of salt
- Place the cubed melon into a blender. Add the juice, sugar and salt.
- Pulse up the melon until you have a thick pulp. Do not puree. Some small chunks are just fine.
- Pour the mixture into metal freezer trays. Freeze for one hour.
- At one hour, take a fork and break up the frozen chunks. Take care to scrape the edges.
- Every half hour afterwards repeat by breaking up the chunks with a fork. This will keep the mixture from freezing solid. After all the liquid has frozen you can go through again with a fork to break up any large chunks right before serving.
Leave a Comment