This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Guess what? We have extended this contest! You now have until Friday, August 6th to enter!
We’re midway through summer, and if you’re like me, you are busy with picnics, play dates and slumber parties. When I was a child, my mom would make original Rice Krispies Treats® marshmallow squares for each of those occasions. Now that I am a mom, I love spending time in the kitchen with my children as we prepare delicious goodies for our picnics and play dates.
We have made our fair share of original Rice Krispies Treats®, but after spending some time recently on the Rice Krispies® website and searching through all of the scrumptious recipes, it looks like we have MANY different ones to try.
First on my list are the Neapolitan Treats®. I’m always amazed at the creative recipes you can make with Rice Krispies® cereal, and that got me thinking … If I were to ask my children what they would like in their Rice Krispies Treats, what unique recipe would they come up with? Kids are quite the creative ones. Just what would their ideal summertime Rice Krispies Treats be?
In fact, I would like to know what the children in your life would come up with! And since you could all use a way to keep the kiddos busy for a few moments, why not have them sit down with some paper, crayons, pencils or markers, and create their own masterpiece that shows us their ideal summertime Rice Krispies Treats!? You could also win a fun prize in the process to share with your budding chef. (View official rules here.)
Your kids can either draw a picture of their “ideal Rice Krispies Treats,” or they can draw or write out the steps it takes to make the recipe (i.e, “I want S’mores Rice Krispies Treats™ with lots of chocolate chips and graham crackers”).
If your child needs ideas or wants to “practice” making his/her own Rice Krispies Treats, be sure to check out the fun Rice Krispies Treats Decorator on RiceKrispies.com, where moms and kids of all ages can “create” and “decorate” their own Rice Krispies Treats online. You just pick a shape, decorate it, and then print out your creation!
Here is how our “Ultimate Summertime Rice Krispies Treats™ Challenge” will work:
- For the next several days, we will accept entries. Entry deadline is Friday, August 6th at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If you are a blogger, post your child’s drawing or recipe on your site and then come back here and add your link to the Linky at the bottom of this post. In your post on your blog, you can explain that it is a part of this sweepstakes and link back here.
- If you are not a blogger – you can still play!!!Just e-mail us your child’s drawing or recipe, with the subject line of “Ultimate Summertime Rice Krispies Treats Challenge,” to 5minutesformom (at) gmail (dot) com. Please add your image into the copy of the e-mail so that we do not have to open attachments. If you choose to e-mail us, please try to leave a comment here letting us know you sent an e-mail.
- Please enter only one drawing per e-mail address (adult) in the challenge.
- You can also tell us in the comments section what ingredients your child would use in his/her ideal treat. That will count as an entry.
- On Monday, August 9th, we will select three drawings/recipes at random from all of those entered to win the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: Rice Krispies Treat Gift Basket, Rice Krispies Treats Cookbook, and a $25 Visa Gift Card to help you purchase the ingredients to turn your child’s “ideal Rice Krispies Treats™” recipe into a reality!
- First Runner-Up: Cooking with Rice Krispies Gift Set and a $25 Visa Gift Card.
- Second Runner-Up: Rice Krispies Treats Cookbook and a $25 Visa Gift Card.
- Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
And while you are in the Rice Krispies Treats spirit, here are some other recipes that caught my eye.
Also, Rice Krispies just launched their Facebook book page, so make sure to check out www.Facebook.com/RiceKrispies and “like” them!
View official rules here.
Disclosure: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by the makers of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal.
ENTER WITH THE LINKY HERE
Leave a Comment