Are you wondering how to make vanilla cupcakes from scratch? Well, get your sweet tooth ready! We’re sharing a step-by-step guide for delicious homemade vanilla cupcakes. Who wants to get their baking on?! Let’s go…
Hi, everyone! It’s me, Lisa, and I am thrilled to show you our easy recipe for homemade vanilla cupcakes.
I recently shared my Bird’s Nest Cupcakes. Since that recipe calls for vanilla cupcakes, I wanted to give you this recipe for Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes so that you’re not running to the store to buy cupcakes to decorate.
I love baking cupcakes because they are so much fun to decorate. The sky’s the limit with the possibilities. On Fabulous Habits, I whipped up my magical Unicorn Cupcakes and let me tell you: they were a huge hit with my family!
Homemade vanilla cupcakes are not intimidating to make at all. In fact, you likely already have the ingredients in your pantry.
Here’s how to make them…
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes From Scratch
Gather your ingredients.
Line your muffin pan.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Sift together your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. If you don’t have a sifter (like me!), I put all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix them with a whisk.
Prep the Wet Ingredients
Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and granulated sugar until creamy.
Here’s a quick tip: if you’ve forgotten to soften the butter, you can put it in the microwave for 8-15 seconds… or follow this baking hack. Heat an empty glass or measuring cup with boiling water, empty the water and place the glass over a stick of butter for 15 minutes.
Continue mixing your wet ingredients while adding vanilla extract.
All Together Now!
Now it’s time to get all the ingredients together. Slowly add your dry ingredients into the mix alternating with your half cup of milk.
Start with the dry ingredients and end with the dry ingredients. I like to pour my dry ingredients in thirds and my milk, twice.
Scoop and Bake
Using an ice cream scoop, fill each section of your lined muffin pan with batter – filling it up about 2/3 of the way. Alternatively, you can use a ¼ measuring cup.
Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of a cupcake.
Psst: Don’t forget to check out those Easter cupcakes I was talking about to get my favourite recipe for buttercream frosting!
Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Set aside.
Mix Dry Ingredients
- Sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. (Use a sifter or simply put all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix them with a whisk.)
Mix Wet Ingredients
- Beat softened butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs.
- Continue mixing your wet ingredients while adding vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the mix alternating with half cup of milk.
- Start with the dry ingredients and end with the dry ingredients.
- Fill each section of the lined muffin pan with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for approx. 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of a cupcake.
How do you like decorating your cupcakes?
Pin It For Later