This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Disney invited 5 Minutes for Mom contributing blogger Dawn Cullo to Los Angeles, CA to attend the “Bambi” media trip. Dawn’s expenses are paid for the trip but no other compensation was paid and all opinions are Dawn’s.
The timeless classic movie “Bambi” is celebrating its 75th anniversary and you can own it on Blu-Ray today! This special Anniversary Blu-Ray is full of amazing bonus material that will “wow” any Disney fan. I have always loved this movie for it’s beautiful animation and playful interactions between the characters.
Thumper, Flower and Bambi are endearing characters that have been favorites for generations.
“Bambi” was released in 1942 during World War II and took over five years to make due to its exquisite hand-drawn artwork and attention to detail. Beloved by generations, “Bambi” holds the No. 3 spot on the American Film Institute’s “10 Top 10,” honoring the 10 greatest animated films of all time. The timeless tale features an adorable young deer named Bambi who explores the wonders and challenges of the woods with his playful pal Thumper, the lovable skunk Flower, and wise Friend Owl – and ultimately fulfills his destiny as prince of the forest.
- The Bambi Effect – “Bambi” was full of innovations for its time. Let’s take a look at how those past innovations affected future Disney animated titles all the way up to today.
- Studio Stories: “Bambi” – Recordings of Walt Disney. Listen in on intimate moments where he discusses the challenges, pitfalls and triumphs during the production of “Bambi.”
- Deleted Scenes: Bambi’s Ice and Snow and The Grasshopper
- Bambi Fawn Facts – Think you know everything there is to know about Bambi and his forest companions? Well, it’s time to discover some fun real-life facts about the creatures that live in the forest he calls home.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit short: “Africa Before Dark”
- Celebrating Tyrus Wong – A heartfelt look at the man who played a key role in the success of “Bambi.” Much like Mary Blair and Eyvind Earle, Tyrus Wong had a unique signature style all to his own. The soft water-colored backgrounds and beautiful palettes in “Bambi” were inspired by Tyrus’ concept art paintings.
These are the Classic Bonus items that were previously available and also included on this Blu-Ray
- Deleted Scenes – Two Leaves, Bambi Stuck on a Reed, Winter Grass, Twitterpated
- The Making of Bambi: A Prince is Born
- Story: Telling the Tale
- Characters: Drawn to Nature
- Actors: Giving Voice to Animals
- Art Design: Impressions of the Forest
- Music: Nature’s Symphony
- History: Back to the Beginning
- Trick of the Trade (Excerpt)
- Inside the Disney Archives
- The Old Mill: Animated Short
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- The Golden Age
Written by 5 Minutes for Mom Contributor, Dawn Cullo.
Leave a Comment