Are you looking for a tasty Easter treat fun for kids? You’ll love how easy it is to make this Easter Fairy Bread. Follow this simple recipe to make these adorable bunny treats with your kids.
Tonya here… Fairy bread was one of my favorite party treats growing up in Australia. Traditionally it’s just bread with butter and rainbow sprinkles, but over the years I’ve loved experimenting and making fun themed fairy bread for special occasions and holidays.
Thankfully my kids also have a love for this treat, especially my daughter who requests it on a regular basis.
How To Make Bunny Treats Fairy Bread
These bunny treats are so quick and easy to make and will definitely put a smile on little faces.
- Bunny cookie cutter
- Nonpareils – I used an assortment of spring nonpareils that are currently in stores and plain colors too.
- Candy eyes
- Candy hearts – or any other edible sprinkles that would make a cute nose (I happened to have these left over from Valentine’s Day).
I like to take a rolling pin to my bread. Not only does this help if your bread slices are slightly smaller than your cookie cutter, but it makes for a cleaner cut of the bread too.
Once you’ve rolled it out a little, cut out your bunny shape.
Spread a thin layer of butter on the ears only and dip into the nonpareils to coat.
Then apply a thin layer of butter to the bunny face and dip that into a different color of nonpareils. Add candy eyes, and a nose and you are done.
I hope you have a fun spring and Easter break with your families and that you all love these tasty treats.
Bunny Treats - Easter Fairy Bread
- 6 pieces Bread
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Nonpareils Sprinkles I used an assortment of spring nonpareils that are currently in stores and plain colors too.
- 12 Candy Eyes
- 6 Candy Hearts Or any other edible sprinkles that would make a cute nose.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the bread a little.
- Use a bunny cookie cutter cut out bunny shapes.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the ears only.
- Dip into the nonpareils sprinkles to coat.
- Then apply a thin layer of butter to the bunny face and dip that into a different color of nonpareils sprinkles.
- Make the face by add candy eyes and a nose.
Pin these Bunny Treats for later:
Be sure to save this post so you can make this super easy and fun Easter Fairy Bread with your kids.
Written by Tonya Staab, contributor at 5 Minutes for Mom
We published the original version of this post on March 26, 2017.
Talk with us: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at pinterest.com/5minutesformom
Another Easter Recipe…
If you’d like a more classic Easter recipe for the entire family, mix up a batch of traditional hot cross buns.