The other day I was on my way to a costume party and I quickly ran into the grocery store to grab some Halloween cookies. The frightening part of this activity was not all of the gory costumes or the tempting candy, but the fact that all of the Christmas decorations were already on display!
As hard as it is to believe, the 2012 holiday season is beginning so my “Tackle It Tuesday” project is to get a jumpstart on my greeting card preparations. If you are ready to get started on this activity, check out these tips to jumpstart the process:
- Update new addresses. Delete old addresses and verify any changes in contact information.
- Review the card list. Limit the list to fifty contacts. Consider sending cards to long distance friends or contacts you only see occasionally.
- Make address labels. Type all of the addresses in a label format. Set a goal to complete this before Thanksgiving so that everything will be ready to print when you need it.
- Select pictures. If you are sending photo cards or inserting snapshots in your holiday greetings, narrow down the choices or make a photography sitting appointment soon.
- Outline a letter. If you like to send family updates with your cards, now is a perfect time to draft your holiday letter. When writing a family Christmas letter, check out the past year’s calendar to remind you of funny and happy memories you have enjoyed throughout the year.
- Stamp it. Avoid waiting in long lines at the post office and order your holiday stamps online through the postal service.
- Return to sender. To speed the card addressing process up, consider buying return address labels or a printed stamp.
- Set an appointment. If the job of dealing with holiday greeting cards is a little overwhelming, make an appointment (in the near future) with yourself to handle this task.
What are you tackling this week?
Link up your Tackle it Tuesday post…
Tell us what you’re up to with all your other tackles… housework and otherwise… add your link to your tackle in the Linky below!
We are Tackling Our To-Do Lists Together and making housework bloggable — Each week on Tuesday, we are posting before and after pictures of a project or trouble area that we tackled this week.
Find out more about how Tackle It Tuesday began. The project can be little or big – whatever you want.
Basically, Tackle It Tuesday is about giving ourselves incentive, deadlines and satisfaction in tackling all our tasks — whether household or otherwise.
If you tackled a project this week, just add a comment and add your link below.
Photo: Deposit Photos