CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS
www.crashthisparty.com is hosting a Halloween Costume Photo Contest. Submit your photos for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate from www.socialcouture.com. You have four chances to win in each category…Adult, Teen, Youth and Babies! You may vote and post comments on each photo. The photo with the most votes WINS! So tell all your friends and family to visit the web site and vote for you.
The 2008 McDonald’s Monopoly Game is officially underway! This year, in addition to collecting game pieces every time you visit McDonalds, you can also enter game codes to play the online game through your mobile phones by texting codes to 96363, sponsored by EA Mobile. Players will get a chance to win this year’s $1 million grand prize, daily $100,000 prizes online between Oct. 7 through Nov. 3, 28 additional $100,000 prizes in-store and opportunities to win millions of great prizes and other rewards from this year’s promotional partners, including Foot Locker, Shell Oil Products US, My Coke Rewards and Wayport, Inc.
Greek Tragedy is hosting a photo contest with the theme “Firsts”. The winner will receive a gift pack which was donated by Johnson’s Baby and includes a limited-edition Italian hand-sewn diaper bag filled with products worth over $500.
MomDot is having another week of great giveaways! Stop by and enter to win a Bissell Prodry carpet steam cleaner, sherpa suede childrens cape, a pair of Tie-Buddies, a beautiful “Circle of motherhood” necklace, a “Marty the Zebra” Dole snack pack, a copy of the DVD “Soccer mom” or “Veggie Tales:The pirates who dont do anything”, or a “boogiewipe” goody basket.
Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms is holding a huge giveaway event where you could win Children’s Picture Books, Holiday Portrait Session and Pictures from C. Raysor Photography, Sterling Silver Bead Bracelet, Barefoot Books, Bead Bracelet, or Bath and Beauty Products.
Woobie Wear is looking for an adorable face to model their products. You have until December 31st to enter your little cutie. Stop by for more information.
- 5 Minutes for Special Needs – Wall Art from Blue Sky Rocket (Oct 25th)
- Here’s the Diehl – $15 to Less Ordinary Designs (Oct 16th)
Just for Women
- Metropolitan Mama - Wardrobe 911 Recipe Box (Oct. 13/US)
- Metropolitan Mama – Shirt of choice from ModBod (Oct. 14/US)
- Metropolitan Mama – Tee of choice from Michael Stars (Oct. 14/US)
- Metropolitan Mama – Curling Iron from Bed Head Light Me Up series (Oct. 14/US)
- Muse Reviews – Between Me & You journals (Oct 14th/US)
- Metropolitan Mama – Laptop Backpack from Belkin (Oct. 15/US)
- Mommy Bytes – Knitted Pink Ribbons (Oct 15th/US, Can)
- Muse Reviews – Nurse Purse from Risky Beads’ Etsy shop (Oct 17th/US)
- Betty Confidential – Benefit Cosmetics, Underfoot Shoes, Warmbat boots, & adesign brushes (Oct 17th)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Modbe Swimsuit (Oct 17th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – IsABelt (Oct 18th/Any)
Just for Kids
- Simple – One article from FlipSide Kids (Oct 13th)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – A year long preschool curriculum from The Itty-Bitty Bookworm on CD (Oct 13th)
- Did You See That? – Nature Discovery in My Backyard (Oct 14th)
- An Island Review - Cole Family Christmas (Oct 14th/Any)
- Sassy Frazz – Nature Discovery In My Backyard book (Oct 15th/Cont US)
- Did You See That? – Fancy Nancy Board Game (Oct 15th)
- Livin’ With Me – I Spy Private Eye Game from Briarpatch (Oct 15th/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – “I Love Minnie” couture hairbow from Fifth Avenue Bowtique (Oct 17th/US)
- An Island Review – 3-2-1 Penguins DVD (Oct 18th/Any)
- An Island Life – Ellema the Elephant Zoobie Travel Pet (Oct 18th/US)
- An Island Life – Fancy Nancy Posh Bedroom Game (Oct 19th/US)
- Oh My Baby – Earth Friendly Stuffed Animal from The Snuggle Herd (Oct 24th)
- Traveling with Baby – Big Round World CD (Oct 25th)
- Glimpse – Signature Style Hideouts from Baby Boomba (Oct 13th)
Home & Garden
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – Pillsbury Savoring the Moment Gift Package (Oct 12th)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – Kids Car Organizer and a Puff ‘N Stuff Auto Litterbag & Tissue Holder (Oct 13th)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – Cocoa Puffs Combos Cereal (Oct 15th/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – 3 Month Membership to ListPlanIt (Oct 15th/US)
- Simple – Cap Trappers from Savvy May Creations (Oct 18th)
Books & Music for Grown-Ups
- Mommy Lounge – An ebook from EcoBrain, Radical Simplicity, by Jim Merkel (Oct 13th/Any)
- Susan Heim on Parenting – Simply Breastfeeding (Oct 15th)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – Melee prize pack: Devils & Angels CD and tote bag (Oct 15th/US)
- Bleeding Expresso – My Cousin the Saint: A Search for Faith, Family, and Miracles by Justin Catanoso (Oct 17th/Any)
- Hearts at Home – The S.O.S. for PMS: Practical Help and Relief for Moms (Oct 28th)
- Twins Talk – Chaos 2 Calm: The Moms-of-Multiples’ Guide to an Organized Family (Nov 1st)
Last month we shared with you a cool contest where parents could submit a photo of their adorable vegetarian children. Well, the finalists have been selected and now it’s your turn to vote for your favorite one. Stop by PetaKids and check it out!
If you’re planning a family vacation this winter, you have to check out TripIt! TripIt is a free online travel organizer that takes all of your confusing itinerary emails and puts them in one comprehensive and easy to read format. Some amazing features are: Quickly organize all your travel plans in one place – flights, hotels, cars, trains, cruises and more, automatically get itineraries with all your plans, weather, maps, restaurants and more, easily access your itineraries via paper, email, personal calendar or mobile device, and share your trips and see where you overlap with friends and colleagues. What a great resource tool!
Still looking for Halloween Costumes for the whole family? www.dealhunting.com and www.currentcodes.com are two sites dedicated to saving consumers money when shopping online. Stop by for some great savings!
Cute Clips & More, which specializes in products for babies and kids is offereing everyone a 10% discount on their next purchase. Just use the code Welcome when checking out.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.