This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Last year, my daughter and I discovered a craft that took about 15 minutes to make, and offered her hours of entertainment (and no electronics were involved!) She has always loved oobleck, putty, and slime at the stores, so I started researching online and found out that you could make homemade slime at home. The ingredient list was basically already everything that was sitting in my laundry room, so she and I got busy creating!
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
- Two mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Green and yellow food coloring
Step 2: Mix According to the Directions
- Mix together 3/4 cup warm water, 1 cup glue and several drops of green food coloring in the first bowl.
- In the second bowl, mix together 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cups warm water.
- Pour the contents of the first bowl into the second, but don’t stir. Let it sit for 1 minute, then lift the now-congealed slime out of the bowl.
- Divide slime so that each child has a piece to play with. The glue in slime can make it stick to certain fabrics. To minimize accidents, give each child a zip-top bag to store it in.
Step 3: Just Have Fun!
It’s really easy to make and has a great Science lesson behind it if you look it up online.
You can see all of our images and the fun we had by clicking on the collage above. I created a storybook using Photobucket and entered it into the Life’s An Adventure Storybook contest! You can create a storybook too, and possibly walk away with $25,000!
From the everyday to the epic, life is packed with adventures. Create a Story about one of your adventures and you could win $25,000!
The new Photobucket Stories
- Grand Prize Winner: $25,000
- Five Runners-up: $500 each
- The first day of school
- A big move
- Getting married
- Traveling overseas
- Learning a new hobby or sport
- Redecorating anything
- A fly-fishing trip
- Training for a charity run
- Hosting an exchange student
- A new pet or baby
- Visiting the zoo
- Road tripping in college
- Auditioning for a reality TV show
- Hosting a BBQ
- Picnic in the park
- Trip to the farmer’s market
- Making your own baby food, pasta, cakes
Hop on over and enter your story today. It takes just a few minutes to get your story together! Hurry. This contest ends December 9th, 2012.
This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Photobucket. All opinions listed are my own.
Leave a Comment