Since Janice and I created 5 Minutes for Mom back in March of 2006, our biggest goal has always been to promote the online mom community. And we’re constantly looking for new ways to promote moms and provide a true community for you — our friends and loyal readers.
But we have a hunch that our readers want one thing more than anything…
To connect to YOU!
We think our readers want to know more about the other moms that visit this site and hear about your experiences, your challenges, the lessons you’ve learned, and they want to hear from you in your own, incredible voice.
So when Holly and Rusty from TheBlogFrog showed us how we could add an interactive community to our site that shares your voice and your stories with all of our readers, we got excited.
So, do you want to know what’s waiting for you in our new reader community?
Check it out…
- Instantly connect and interact with other 5MinutesForMom readers.
- Start discussions that expose your blogs to thousands of new readers daily.
- Subscribe to a discussion so you never miss someone’s reply to you.
- Every time you reply to a discussion, your picture and blog URL shows up on the 5MinutesForMom homepage.
- Your picture and blog accompanies every reply you add in the community.
- Every time you publish a new post on your blog, it automatically shows up in the 5MinutesForMom community!
- When you visit the 5MinutesForMom community, your tweets automatically show up for all visitors to see.
- The more active you are in the community, the more visibility your own blog gets.
We could go on and on about all the cool ways our new community helps you share your story with our readers. But its way more fun to just head on over there and see who is waiting to hear from you!
Click on the BlogFrog Community widget on the side bar (there on the right) or click here. To participate just click the sign up button (it takes 30 seconds) then you are set to post or reply to discussions. See you there!
(I’ve just spent the last couple of hours reading and replying to fabulous conversations and visiting blogs.)
P.S. You’ll also notice that we have started to use the Disqus commenting system. Again, we want to interact with you and promote you and we think Disqus will help us do that.
We hope you love these new changes as much as we do… but either way, we’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment, drop us an email or better yet… come talk to us in the new 5 Minutes for Mom Community.