As you know, you can come back all week and add a post or giveaway to our Mister Linky. Be sure to check back often, as new links will be added daily. You don’t want to miss out on something fun.
ALSO… now you can add your link to our Around the Blogosphere Special Needs Style.
- Please support Butterfly Kisses and her baby boy Ian, as he recovers from some serious injuries. Ian has improved, but he still has a long road ahead. The family has also been burdened with continuous medical bills. Butterfly Kisses has decided to host a giveaway on her blog for him. She is hoping to gather some fun prizes and in turn is asking all giveaway participants to make a small donation. In addition, if you would like to donate an item for the giveaway please email butterflykissesblog(at)gmail(dot)com. You can read the full story on Ian here.
- Last Shreds of Sanity is having a raffle and fundraiser for her brother. Each person who donates gets a color changing blog layout made exclusively for the fundraiser by April Showers Blog design. Also, everyone who donates will be put into a raffle for a CUSTOM blog design by April. ($55 value). Read more about the fundraiser here.
- Tiki (the torch company) is holding a dance contest to help promote its new Island King Tiki Torch and to celebrate the start of summer. To enter, all you need to do is submit a 45-second video showing off your best dance moves – you could win great prizes which could help take your parties to the next level, including Canon camcorders, Charbroil grills, and even Visa gift cards worth $1000! In addition, as a special bonus to early entrants, they are offering a bonus prize to the first 25 people who enter.
- HSN, TLC and Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Productions are casting a new series that helps struggling entrepreneurs turn an innovative design into a lucrative business. HSN, TLC and Milojo, will find the most promising women across the country for this life-changing experience.
Each of these budding business women will have the chance to prove that they have what it takes to get their very own creations sold on HSN- every inventor’s dream come true. Kelly Ripa will appear each episode selecting a product and sending her expert into the field to put the would-be moguls through a series of tasks meant to get their product ready for the masses.
Casting Calls will be held in three different regional cities including: Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago. Click here for more information.
- Check out this new free game for kids: Operation Planet Savers. It is a collaboration between Humana and Walt Disney World Studios Motion Pictures to impact kid’s health in a fun and innovative way.
The game offers kids a cool way to participate in physical, mental and social challenges this summer while getting excited about Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ G-Force, arriving in theaters July 24. Operation Planet Savers (OPS for short) was developed and sponsored by Humana’s Innovation Center “Games for Health” team that combines real-world and online game play.
Players of OPS complete weekly training missions that require real-world activity and train the young game-players to become G-Force agents. Players can earn virtual prizes, like new G-Force holograms – unique to Humana and Disney – and sneak peeks at G-Force movie clips. OPS players also compete each week for prizes like an iPod nano and the grand prize – walking the red carpet at the G-Force movie premiere in Los Angeles.
The OPS game has now begun and continues through June 28. The game is free and open to anyone under age 16, but is geared to 7-9 year olds.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
- Best Western and Disney have launched a Rockin’ Vacation Sweepstakes where one lucky fan and his or her family will get the chance to fly to Los Angeles for a three-night vacation and visit the set of the Disney series JONAS to hang out with some of the cast members. Fans can enter in the sweepstakes here until Sunday, August 16.
- To help teach our youth about biodiversity, National Geographic and Airbus are putting together a children’s photography contest. The prize for this great contest is an all expense paid trip to National Geographic Headquarters in Washington DC and a chance to meet with renowned photojournalist, Joel Satore. The entries for this contest must be received by September 8, 2009.
- Moms Making a Million – the national program dedicated to helping one million moms by 2015 have a plan for one million dollars in personal net worth – is offering FREE membership giveaway. As an additional bonus, when moms sign up for membership or follow on Twitter, they receive a free copy of “104 Money Tips from Our Nation’s Money Experts”.
The program is free, and it has many nationally known financial experts supporting the program to give advice to our members. Go to www.momsmakingamillion – the giveaway ends June 30th, 2009.
- Enter the Where Do You Torpedo” contest from Quiznos! Anyone can go online to www.toastytorpedo.com and submit a video of their eating a Quiznos Torpedo (toasted sandwich on ciabatta bread in a portable sleeve that makes it easier to carry on the go).
The video that best highlights eating a Torpedo on the go will win $10,000. Quiznos has also released a short video detailing a cross-country Torpedo adventure, capturing real-life consumers eating Toasty Torpedoes in each of the 50 states. The video will be distributed online and available on www.toastytorpedo.com.
- Craftsman, America’s most trusted tool brand, has teamed up with Archie Manning, pro football legend and all-star father, to award ten deserving dads with the ultimate Father’s Day present. Whether your pop is an everyday DIYer, seasoned home professional or a weekend warrior, spoil him rotten by entering him to win a “Man-A-Cure” – more than $1,000 worth of Craftsman tools. The contest began June 9 and runs through June 30. All you have to do is log on to the new Craftsman.com and describe in 100 words or less why your father, or you (if you are an all-star dad), deserves a “Man-a-cure.” Then upload a photo to help make your case. The ten best entries will win.
- Here’s a fun family contest! SKIL, Lowe’s and Worlds of Discovery Theme Parks have partnered to create a Father’s Day parent-child project contest for the chance to win an all expenses paid family vacation and other exciting prizes. Outdoor projects are available for parents to do with their children, starting at age 4. Simply build the project together and submit in-action photos or videos along with your entry form on the contest Web site!
To find a list of projects, tools and materials needed and official rules, visit www.SKILBuildingMemories.com You can complete your entry with a few easy steps on this site, or, you can enter via the SKIL Building Memories Facebook Page. (You must download the application at the bottom of the page to enter) The contest ends on July 12, 2009.
- Are you going to BlogHer? Why not try to win a $500 sponsorship while you’re at it? You must already have a ticket to be eligible to enter. For details on how to enter, go here.
- Coveroo LA Lakers iPod (6/14)
- Mom Knows It All Coffee Bean Direct gift basket (6/14 US Only)
- Here and There HealthDropz (6/15 US Only)
- Glimpse Tote Bag (6/16 Canada Only)
- Busy Mommy Delicious Design Studio Premade Blog Template (6/16 US & Canada)
- Val’s Views Natural Dentist products (6/17 US Only)
- Busy Mommy Picture Keeper Backup System (6/17 US Only)
- Sogkonnite Living 12 x 18 print (6/18)
- Mom Know It All Pillsbury Bakeoff Prize Pack – 2 winners (6/19 US Only)
- Quiverfull Family Painting Revelation DVD – 3 winners (6/20 Worldwide)
- Busy Mommy Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit (6/20 US Only)
- Evergreen Moms Cupcake Kit (6/21 US Only)
- Contest Corner Organic Coffee (6/24 US Only)
- Short Pump Preppy Oreck Halo Vacuum (7/4 US Only)
- Meinda Joy Giant Fortune Cookie (7/5)
- Melinda Joy Godly Wear T-shirt of choice (7/11)
- Val’s Views Hint Cards (6/14 US Only)
- Val’s Views Dieci Colori cosmetics (6/15 US Only)
- Here and There Aminogenesis Wrinkle Arrest (6/17 US Only)
- Nurse Mommy Body wash and lotion (6/19 US Only)
- Contest Corner Kolobags Laptop Sleeve (6/23 US Only)
- A Working Blogging Mommy $25 gift card to Layers Clothing (6/24 US Only)
- $50 worth of hair coverings (7/2)
- Melinda JoyTwo Eve Organics Eyeshadows (7/8 Worldwide)
- GlimpseCloth Mama Pads (6/18 Worldwide)
- Evergreen Moms Baby Bum Drops (6/19 US & Canada)
- Busy Mommy $50 to Happy Panda (6/20 US & Canada)
- Wee Finds Hat/glasses combo from Baby Banz (7/2)
Just For Kids
- Muse Reviews Super WHY Hovering Why Flyer (6/14 US Only)
- Did You See That> Nowali Moccasins (6/15)
- Glimpse Hair Accessories (6/15 Worldwide)
- The Laughs Will Go On Zo-Li Snack Dispenser or $15 gift card (6/15 Worldwide)
- Susan Heim on Parenting Journal Buddies (6/19)
Books for Grown-Ups
- Not Entirely British Signed copy of Julie Bellon’s “All’s Fair” (6/17)
Books for Kids
- Muse Reviews Good Enough To Eat (6/16 US Only)
- Muse Reviews It’s the Best Day Ever, Dad! (6/18 US Only)
Would you like to share a fun giveaway or a worth our while post? Please add it to the Mr. Linky below. You can come here any time this week to add in your link. Don’t miss out on the fun. Be sure to visit throughout the week as the linky grows, and more sites are added.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
You can find Marissa writing away at Mama Sparkles.