The holiday season has come to a close and we are all slowly starting to get back into the groove of things.
For us, this means we need to sit down and find ourselves a new editor for Around the Blogosphere. For those that have expressed interest, please be patient a tad longer. We will be narrowing the applicants down soon.
In the meantime, we wanted to be sure that our lovely readers didn’t miss out on the fun around the blogoshpere.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
- Geezeo wants to help the 50 million Americans between the ages of 18-44 that will make money-related New Year’s resolutions. They offer tools that help people better understand their money, set up easy-to-use budgets, and achieve their financial goals.
In the days between January 2, 2009 and March 31, 2009, Geezeo users can win a very grand prize in the Great Geezeo Bailout: Geezeo will pay someone $6k in cash to pay off their bills!!
- The Top 50 Mom Blogs of 2008 have been announced at MomDot. We are honored to have made the list. Be sure to check out which of your favorite Mommy Bloggers made the cut.
- Red Sox Mommy Zenses games for DS (1/6 US Only)
- Red Sox Mommy Vaseline Clinical Therapy Lotion (1/16 US only)
- Sassy Fraz 1 Box of Personalized Fruit Roll-Ups (1/6 US Only)
- Northwest Mom Finds Made By Moxie felted flower pin kit (1/13 US/Canada)
- Northwest Mom Finds Plum Creek Mercantile reusable snack bags or bulk food bags (1/14 US/Canada)
- Quiverfull Family a print version of Dining on a Dime, a frugal recipe book that features money saving tips as well. (1/9 US Only)
- Jolly Mom Skin MD Skincare (1/11 US Only)
- From Cribs to Car Keys Hooray for the Underdog journal and notepad (1/5 US Only)
- Nurse Mommy Words to Live By Tee (1/6 US Only)
- just a mom’s take on things Three coupons for free bottles of Clorox 2 (1/7 US Only)
- just a mom’s take on things Matisse & Jack’s Bake-at-Home Snacks (4 boxes to one winner) (1/8 US Only)
- Design Baby 6.8fl oz bottles of Vaseline Clinical Therapy Lotion (4 winners) (1/9 US/Canada)
- Becoming Me is having a Birthday Bash with a prize a day (and one to grow on) (Begins 1/5 ends 1/12)
- SAHM Reviews Pledge Natural Beauty Furniture Polish (1/7 US Only)
- SAHM Reviews Zenses Ocean AND Zenses Rainforest for the DS (1/7 US Only)
Just for Women
- Nurse Mommy a Pashmina Shawl from Nimli (1/8)
Just for Kids
- Thrifty & Chic Mom Itsy Bitsy Bracelets children’s bracelet (1/9 US Only)
- Sassy Frazz Zaki (story telling) Chameleon Plush, 6 reader books, and 6 activity books (1/12 US Only)
- A Frog In My Soup Sinupret gift packs that include a bottle of Sinupret (1/5 US Only)
- Northwest Mom Finds Custom item from Oola Children’s Clothing (1/12, US/Canada)
- Glimpse $20.00 Little Treehouse Gift Certificate (1/5 US/Canada)
- Thrifty & Chic Mom O Yikes slingback diaper bag (1/9 US Only)
- Design Baby Wee Gallery Art Cards for Baby (1/16 US/Canada)
Books for Grown-Ups
- Sassy Frazz A book from Candlewick Press (1/6 US Only)
- “A Mother’s Promise” is a Facebook community supported by Evenflo, and it’s focused on bringing moms together in a quest to keep children safe while on the road. With so many people traveling for the holidays, it seems like the perfect time to raise awareness. Supporting “A Mother’s Promise” is free, super simple, and only takes a moment.
If you already have a Facebook account, just visit “A Mother’s Promise,” and post on the Wall, pledging to your children to do everything within your power to protect them. (There’s also a really cool video of other moms making their individual promises – it definitely made me a little teary!) If you don’t have a Facebook account yet, now’s the time! Once you’re a member, just search for “A Mother’s Promise” and post your promise.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.