Mamanista has the Hottest Toys for the Holidays 2008! They’ve included the deluxe and the moderately priced, the indie handmade and the mass-produced, and some new toys mixed with old classics. Their 12 Days of Giveaways will feature thousands of dollars’ worth of toys–including a Learning Tower and Chalk Board valued at $270. The first entry deadline is November 28 and the last one is December 15.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Silver Treats is hosting a 12 Days of Silver Giveaway where one in every 5 entries will automatically win a $10 gift certificate to their store and a 12 grand prize winners will receive a set of Silver Jewelry. Deadline to enter is Nov 30th.
Enter before Dec 29th to win a collection of luminous holiday shades from Prescriptives in their AGLOW Holiday Color Sweepstakes. In addition, you will receive free shipping with any Holiday Gift Set purchase through December 15, 2008 and free gift wrapping with any purchase through December 23, 2008!
With the I Never Get Lost contest, snap-happy families can win a scooter or cash. Using Rand McNally’s fabMAP — a water- and wrinkle-proof fabric map the size and weight of a handkerchief that features 24 popular locales — families can show their creative uses of the city map and where it takes them. When inspiration strikes — whether using the fabMAP to find a popular children’s museum or using it as a bib at mealtime — they can shoot a video or photo of the moment and enter to win a Buddy Scooter (worth approximately $2000) or a $500 gift card.
Bandai America is excited to announce the launch of the Power Rangers “Feel the Fury” Sweepstakes and Movie Theater promotions! Fans can enter at www.bandai.com/powerrangers/feelthefury/ to win one of three grand prizes, including a 2 minute toy aisle shopping spree worth $1,000, a 2 minute toy aisle shopping spree worth $250, or a Power Rangers Jungle Fury Mega Mission Helmet signed by the Red Ranger.
All entries must be received by Dec.12, 2008. In addition, select theaters will be offereing a “Power Rangers Fun Pack” with the purchase of a child’s movie ticket for G and PG movies! The “Power Ranger Fun Pack” includes a Power Rangers Temporary Tattoo, Jungle Fury Wish List and Jungle Fury Scratcher that reveals discounts on all your favorite Power Rangers toys!
Puj Tub, the softest infant tub on the market is giving away $600 worth of Puj products to you and 5 friends. They are also offering everyone a 20% off discount when you use the code “5minutes” at checkout.
Calling all animal lovers! Comment on our contest post at http://www.stableday.typepad.com and tell us why you’re crazy about animals and have a chance to win a 3 episode DVD set that includes Meet My Barn Friends, It’s Time to Jump and It’s Show Time! A perfect gift for the horse lover in your life and just in time for the holidays!
Crisco Grilling Hall of Fame Contest — with an increasing number of Americans firing up their barbecue grills year round, outdoor grill usage is currently at an all-time high – nearly double what it was 20 years ago, according to NPD’s 22nd annual “Eating Patterns in America” report. “At-home grillmasters” now have the opportunity to put their skills to the test — the contest invites “at-home grillmasters” to share their favorite recipe for a chance to be one of the first inductees to the new Crisco Grilling Hall of Fame and win a $5,000 backyard makeover. Recipes can be submitted between October 17, 2008 and December 15, 2008, at: www.GrillingHallofFame.com.
Each day for 13 weeks, the makers of Quilted Northern Ultra Plush are offering a chance to win an ‘ultra plush’ prize. Anything from cozy bathrobes to fashionable pashminas, prizes will rotate daily, giving you the chance to win luxuriously plush prize everyday. The sweepstakes ends on 1/12/09.
BettyConfidential.com is hosting The Home for the Holidays Giveaway Contest which ends Monday Nov. 24th. You can enter daily to win the contest. In addition, they are also giving away a Nintendo DS + 6 games if you fill out a survey about their site before Dec 1st.
POM Wonderful is the largest producer of California Wonderful pomegranates, which the company exclusively grows and sells. The company also juices its fresh pomegranates to make its delicious, all-natural, POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and POM Tea are available year-round at retail and are found in the refrigerated section of supermarkets and grocery stores nationwide. We are inviting bloggers everywhere to submit their favorite original pomegranate recipes for a chance to be a featured blogger for POM Wonderful and enjoy the $5000 prize. To enter, visit www.pomfresh.com/recipe
Nubar is hosting a nail design contest where the winner will take home $300 worth of products. Deadline to enter is Dec 31st.
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Nortons PC Tune Up (Nov 25th)
- An Island Review – $25 to Target & 2 cans of Pledge (Nov 28th/US)
- An Island Review – $20 to Sugarhouse Ink (Nov 28th/US)
- An Island Life – Your choice of any item from KEEN Footwear online (Nov 28th)
- An Island Life – $100 to The Home Depot (Nov 30th/US)
- Reviews & Giveaways from My Laptop – $150 Apple Gift Card (Nov 30th)
- Tara’s View of the World – $50 gift certificate to Photofiddle (Dec 1st/All)
- A Mom’s Review – A year’s worth of Naturally Nora cake & frosting mixes or an Olan Mills portrait package (Dec 3rd)
- Mommy’s Idea – Personalized Dolly for your Blog (Dec 6th/All)
- TheCelebrityCafe.com – Sony VAIO from Intel (Dec 31st/US)
Just for Women
- Glimpse – Win a Trio Cellu-system (Nov 24th)
- The Fashionable Housewife – Clarisonic Skin Care System (Nov 24th)
- Nurse Mommy – Hana Mini Flat Iron (Nov 25th/US)
- An Island Review – Custom 3 pack of Mother Ink Tattoos (Nov 27th)
- Nurse Mommy – $25 GC to Monave Mineral Makeup (Nov 27th/All)
- Mom Most Traveled -Pattern of Choice from YouCanMakeThis (Nov 27th)
- Jeanne Winters – 3 new products from Simply Inspiring by Jeanne Winters (Nov 30th)
- Shopping Blog – Clarisonic Skin Care System (Dec 3rd)
- Healthy Moms – Maternity Hospital Gown (Dec 5th)
- Mommy Reviewed – Dove White Beauty Bars and a Dove bathrobe (Dec 8th/US)
- My Mommy’s Necklace – One Necklace every day (Dec 19th)
Just for Kids
- Simple – Munchie Mug (Nov 23rd)
- An Island Life – Personalized Growth Chart from Olive Kids (Nov 24th/US)
- SAHM Reviews – Poingo Reading System 2-Book Set (Nov 24th/US)
- Casa De Leche – A set of hairbows (Nov 24th)
- An Island Review – $10,000 in Virtual Currency to Build-A-Bearville (Nov 26th/All)
- The Laughs Will Go On – Munchie Snack Mug (Nov 26th)
- Blah Blah Reviews – Leapster 2 and a Star Wars–The Clone Wars game (Nov 26th)
- Moomettesgram’s Musings – Mighty Miracle Mist (Nov 26th)
- Just a mom’s take on things – $10 gift card to Build-A-Bear Workshop (Nov 26th/US)
- Mommy Reviewed – The Curse of the Bone Pirates: Nui Island Eco-logical Adventures (Nov 27th/US)
- Mom Most Traveled – Choice of Shoes from Eleven Collection (Nov 27th)
- Sassy Frazz – $30 to Sugarplum Dreams (Nov 28th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – Kids Lunch Box Cards (Nov 28th/Cont US)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Blackbird Fashion DIY Sock Dog Kit (Nov 28th)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Bag of eco-art supplies from Stubby Pencil Studio (Nov 28th)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Chalk and Dough Mat from Cutie Patootie (Nov 28th)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Shaped crayons from Wonder and Whimsy (Nov 28th)
- An Island Life – $50 to Sugarplum Dreams (Nov 29th/US)
- Nurse Mommy – A pair of see kai run (Nov 29th/US)
- Chefdruck Musings – A Leapfrog Didj Gaming System and 3 games (Nov 29th)
- Simple – Briarpatch Game for Kids (Nov 29th)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Toobez Building Tube Toys (Nov 29th)
- An Island Review – Curse of the Bone Pirates (Nov 30th/All)
- Contest Bytes – $25 gift certificate to Build-A-Bear Workshop (Nov 30th/All)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Poingo Reading System (Nov 30th)
- Our Happy Happenings – Power Rangers Jungle Fury Deluxe Megazord (Nov 30th)
- Susan Heim on Parenting – Three Kubit2me Games (Dec 2nd)
- Mommy’s Idea – Wett Giggles Soap with Nail Brush (Dec 3rd/US)
- Mommy’s Idea – Headband and Hair Clips from Sally’s Clippies (Dec 4th/US)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – NanaStar book/doll combo (Dec 8th/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things – Disney Holiday Prize Packs: each includes Camp Rock, Bolt and Disney Box Office Hits CDs (Dec 15th/US)
- Sage and Savvy – Disney Holiday Prize Pack CDs (Dec 15th/US)
- A Frog In My Soup – Evenflo Symphony All In One Car seat (Nov 25th/US)
- A Frog In My Soup – A pair of Trumpette Mary Jane Socks from The Trendy Bebe (Nov 25th/US)
- A Frog In My Soup – A pair of Bugaloo soft sole leather infant shoes (Nov 26th/All)
- Mom Most Traveled – The Teethifier (Dec 1st)
Home & Garden
- Fiddledeedee Reviews – Mead Calendar Bundle (Nov 23rd)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – 4 Coverplugs (Nov 23rd)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – Brownie Mix (Nov 25th/US)
- Simple – The Slanket (the best blanket ever) (Nov 26th)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Pre-Holiday House Party Swag Bag (Nov 26th)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Refresh ‘N Dryer Towel (Nov 28th)
- Chefdruck Reviews – A set of Stuck on You Holiday Gift Labels (Nov 29th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – White Sands Shampoo & Conditioner (Nov 29th/US)
- Mom Most Traveled – Jonathan’s Wild Cherry Spoons (Nov 30th)
- Our Happy Happenings – 2 boxes of cake mix and 2 boxes of frosting mix (Nov 30th)
- Mommy’s Idea – Subscription to List Plan It (Dec 1st/All)
- Red Sox Mommy – Hallmark adhesive gift wrap and a greeting card (Dec 1st/US)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Crafty Mommy custom name banner (Dec 2nd/US, Can)
- Red Sox Mommy – Refresh’n Dryer Towel (Dec 2nd/US)
- Red Sox Mommy – DirtTamer and other cleaning products (Dec 4th/US)
- The way I see it – Dirt Tamer Package (Dec 5th/US)
Books for Grown-Ups
- An Island Review – Purry Logic (Nov 25th/All)
- Cornish Adoption Journey – Up Close: A Mother’s View (Nov 25th)
- A Book Blogger’s Diary – Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong (Nov 27th/US)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – Purry Logic (Nov 27th)
- An Island Review – Strong Kids Healthy Kids (Nov 29th)
- Tara’s View on Books – “Nourishment from the Word” by Kenneth L. Gentry (Nov 29th/All)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Purry Logic book by Jane Seabrook (Nov 30th)
- The way I see it – Clorox 2 (Nov 30th/All)
- The way I see it – Purry Logic Book (Nov 30th/US)
- Close To Home – Sikulu & Harambe (Dec 1st)
- Red Sox Mommy – Purry Logic book (Dec 1st)
Virgin Money is generously donating $1 to “Give a Drop” for each person who visits the Virgin site and simply posts a picture and caption of someone or something they are thankful for. Donations will go to fund Project Clean Water’s work creating sustainable solutions for villages around the world to access fresh, healthy water. What are you thankful for this holiday season?
Giveohgive.org is dedicated to helping others by featuring new young artists every week and then donating that week’s ad/search revenue to a charity of their choice. What a great way to give back!
Brooks Sports has recently launched a new fundraising effort to raise money for breast cancer research. They have posted a short film entitled “Dream” and for each view Brooks will contribute money to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Operation Happy Note is a charity organization that sends guitars to soldiers overseas, combat zones get first priority. They have plenty of guitars and no money for postage. Each guitar costs about $35 to send out. Stop by to see how you can help.
This week, Congress will meet to decide whether to provide immediate relief to U.S. automakers. You can learn more about the situation at http://gmfactsandfiction.com/ and hopefully pass the information on to your readers. The site offers comprehensive information about the current crisis as well as ways to get involved, spread the word and share your opinions. People can even e-mail their U.S. Senators and Representatives directly from the site.
Peapod offers its users the convenience of shopping online from their home or office and having groceries delivered right to their doorstep. Users can also store shopping lists for future access and schedule advanced-day deliveries. Try it out and receive $20 off your first purchase. Just use the code BLOGPOST22 when checking out.
TOMS Shoes, the cause-based shoe company that donates one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair of shoes purchased just launched their Holiday Project. Their goal is to donate 30,000 shoes to children in Ethiopia in 30 days! They have a great video you can share with your friends, family, colleagues, etc letting them know about the Holiday Project and about the TOMS mission. You can check out the video on YouTube or on the TOMS homepage. Make sure to check out Tiny TOMS for all the Moms out there too!
Survivor Corps helps people around the world who have suffered war and violence to rebuild their lives and rejoin their communities. By connecting those affected by conflict through networks of survivors, we help people overcome trauma and injury and regain their place in society.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.