This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Today is the last day to enter your favorite photo in the Post-Halloween Costume Contest at An Island Life. A random winner will receive $50 via Paypal.
HAPPYFAMILY Brands and HarperCollins Publishers are looking for an adorable baby to feature on the cover of Dr. Robert W. Sears’ forthcoming book Happy Baby: The Organic Guide to Baby’s First 24 Months.Parents can enter a photo of their baby at www.happybabyfood.com or www.harpercollins.com. The 4 Grand Prize winners will be notified on January 30th, 2009.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Stonyfield Farm wants videos of your hungry babies enjoying Stonyfield Farm’s YoBaby Yogurt! And they’ll offer a little something special in return. YoBaby is made with the whole milk pediatricians recommend for healthy brain development, so you need to start saving for college! The parent who submits the prize winning video in our Who Loves YoBaby? Video Contest will receive a $2000 U.S. Savings Bond for the winning baby. Upload your videos now, share them with friends and family, and complete the online entry form for your chance to win! Some restrictions apply – visit http://yobabyyogurt.com/promotions/video_landing.cfm for official contest rules and upload your video today!
A peanut butter sandwich could help an aspiring child chef pay for college. The makers of Jif peanut butter will be accepting entries for the 7th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contestfrom August 4 through November 14, 2008. Encouraging kids to invent new creative peanut butter sandwich recipes is a great way for parents to foster creativity in their children. At the same time, kids and parents are spending quality time together and having fun in the kitchen.
Art Smith, author and celebrity chef to the likes of Oprah, knows the challenges parents face in encouraging their children to eat their vegetables, and that’s why he is looking for a few good moms – those devoted to getting their kids and their communities to love their veggies. To find them, Art has teamed with the makers of Hidden Valley ranch dressing to launch the Search for Veggie Champions Contest, which begins today and closes on Jan. 15, 2009. Stop by for more information.
- An Island Review – Canasta Hand & Foot Card Game (Nov 13th/Any)
- Mom Most Traveled – Eco-Friendly Parent/Child Backpack Set (Nov 14th)
- An Island Life – $50 to Barnes & Noble (Nov 15th/Any)
- Just a mom’s take on things – One year’s membership to Sittercity.com (Nov 16th/US)
Just for Women
- Nurse Mommy – $25 Gift certificate to perfume emporium (Nov 9th/US)
- Livin’ With Me – $40 Alli’s Originals Gift Certificate (Nov 10th)
- A Mixed Bouquet – Birthstone Bracelet (Nov 14th/Any)
- Unlicensed Mommy – Indian Mother print T-shirt (Nov 24th)
Just for Kids
- An Island Life – Pair of Polliwalks in winner’s choice of style/color (Nov 9th/US)
- An Island Review – Bella Sara Trading Cards (Nov 9th/Any)
- Simple – Girls Tutu (Nov 9th)
- Nurse Mommy – Boogie Wipes (Nov 10th)
- Did You See That? – Yoplait Kids Yogurt, cooler, Brain Quest game (Nov 10th)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – The Flight Before Christmas DVD (Nov 11th/US)
- Livin’ With Me – Kiss My Face Giveaway (Nov 12th)
- Mom Most Traveled – $25 to Little Jet Set (Nov 12th)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Toddle Towel (Nov 12th/Any)
- Traveling with Baby – A pair of See Kai Run shoes (Nov 13th/US)
- Nurse Mommy – Table Toppers (Nov 13th/US)
- Goodies for Mom – >Lil Rocker Wraps (Nov 13th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Pocket Snails Potty Adventure DVD (Nov 13th/US)
- An Island Review – Alvin & The Chipmunks: Undeniable CD (Nov 14th/Any)
- Tales from Oakbriar Farm – $25 gift certificate to Build-A-Bear (Nov 14th)
- NW Mom Finds – Under the Nile Organic Toys (Nov 14th)
- NW Mom Finds – Color Me House or Rocket (Nov 14th)
- Chefdruck Reviews – Dynablade Helicopter, Biometric Safe, and a Paper Recycling Studio (Nov 15th)
- Chefdruck Musings – The Naked Brothers Band Season 2 DVD (Nov 15th)
- Mom Most Traveled – Arcade Gold Featuring Pac-Man video game system (Nov 15th)
- Did You See That? – All-Star Buddies (Nov 15th)
- Simple – Winners Choice of Alex Toys Game (Nov 15th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Pony Tail holder from Your Couture Kid (Nov 15th/US, Can)
Mommy’s Idea – Personalized Children’s Book from Peeka Productions (Nov 17th/US)
- Sassy Frazz – Thomas’s Great Race Game (Nov 20th/Cont US)
Mommy’s Idea – Boca Beth Grande Bag (Nov 20th/US, Can)
- Red Sox Mommy – $100 Shopping Spree at Pukies Children’s Clothing (Nov 20th/US)
- Homemaker Barbi – Holiday Hair Bow Set (Nov 21st)
- Busy Mommy – $25 to Little Jet Set (Nov 21st/US, Can)
- Nurse Mommy – Personalized Pacifier (Nov 10th)
- The Laughs will Go On – Pair of BabyLegs (Nov 10th/US)
- Goodies for Mom – BabyWrappe (Nov 10th/US)
- Red Sox Mommy – Bumble Bells silver baby/toddler anklet (Nov 10th/Any)
- Bits and Pieces From Me – $30 gift certificate to Expressiva Nursingwear (Nov 11th)
- NW Mom Finds – JeJe Teethers (Nov 12th)
- Homemaker Barbi – Breastfeeding and Breastmilk Bottle Set (Nov 14th/Any)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Happy Panda Baby $25 GC (Nov 14th/Any)
- An Island Review – Baby Butler (Nov 15th/Any)
- Chefdruck Reviews – My Baby A to Z Discovering Shapes Educational DVD (Nov 15th)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Wahmies wetbags (Nov 17th/US, Can)
- Sassy Frazz – See Kai Run shoes from the Smaller Line (Nov 20th/Cont US)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Knickernappies Cloth Diaper (Nov 20th/Any)
Home & Garden
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – SPA Basket of Indulgence from Chex Mix Bars (Nov 9th/US)
- My Wooden Spoon – Reed & Barton Stainless Steel 103 pc Flatware (Nov 9th)
- An Island Review – Chex Basket of Indulgence (Nov 11th/US)
- A Drama Mama – Handmade Quilt (Nov 12th)
- Just a mom’s take on things – Pillsbury ‘Savoring the Moment’ gift bag (Nov 14th/US)
- All Because Two People Fell in Love – $25 KROGER Gift Certificate (Nov 14th)
- Northwest Mom Finds – Five personalized kids’ holiday placemats from Olive Kids (Nov 21st/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things – Lexen Healthy Juicer (Nov 22nd/US)
- Livin’ With Me – Velveeta Giveaway (Nov 23rd/US)
- Mommy Reviewed – DYMO LetraTag Personal Label Maker (Nov 24th/Cont US)
Music for Grown-Ups
- An Island Review – The Best of James Bond CD (Nov 13th/Any)
Project Good Gift (www.generationcures.org/goodgift) lets kids be heroes by “giving it up” for other kids. With Project Good Gift, kids choose to give up receiving a holiday gift — like a game or a toy — and ask family and friends to make a donation to Generation Cures in place of their present. The really exciting thing about Project Good Gift is that it is not the typical holiday giving campaign designed for adults. Project Good Gift puts kids in the driver’s seat. They get to make the decision to give, and take lead to encourage the adults around them to make a difference in the lives of other kids. In the process, they learn that giving can be just as great as receiving. 100% of funds raised will be used to advance the life-saving research efforts of doctors and scientists at Children’s Hospital Boston.
Remind Santa is a site which benefits the Toys for Tots program. The idea is simple: Any adult can log into the site and choose from a beautiful piece of holiday stationery and write a letter “from Santa” to their favorite child or children. They and the USPS do the rest, including printing, hand-addressing and hand-signing (no machine-press fonts here) and then ship them from the North Pole, Alaska, post office. The result: The child receives this beautiful letter, postmarked the North Pole, from Santa Claus, referring to the great things the child has done that year, etc. They keep the cost as low as possible ($6.99 per letter), which includes $1.00 each to Toys for Tots, postage, shipping, stationery and a team of folks hand-addressing and signing the letters.
Looks like Weight Watchers are developing some very exciting online tools that all you health conscious people out there can check out. First, they’ve launched a fan page on Facebook to showcase upcoming products and deliver news and information to Weight Watchers food enthusiasts. It will feature links to recipes, product-related vidcasts, instant polls and more. Second, they’ve also debuted an interactive widget tool, “I Really Want!” to help consumers hungry for a snack find a sensible alternative. The “I Really Want!” widget offers various Weight Watchers sensible food products as well as everyday snack alternatives.
- Jackson’s Journey – Our Surprise Halloween Guest
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Kailani can be found at An Island Life, An Island Review, Family Review Network & Island Baby Boutique.
Leave a Comment