There’s a new meme in town called Three Word Thursdays. To participate, just post a photo that includes 3 WORDS in the photo which describe the photo. Stop by for more information and examples.
Glimpse is a new review blog that focuses specifically on Canadian products and services. This is their opening week and they’re celebrating by hosting 2 great giveaways. Stop by for a chance to win either a Handful of VERY cute clips or a Mother Ease Diaper and Diaper Cover. Good luck!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
It’s time for dessert and the whole family’s excited, because tonight you’re having ice cream sundaes! Have an “Ice Cream Sundae Night” with your family and let everyone come up with the fixings for the World’s Best Ice Cream Sundae – and then submit your ice cream sundae ideas to http://www.Serving-Ice-Cream.com for your chance to win Ben and Jerry’s ice cream!
Estee Lauder has teamed up with Brickfish to create the Share a Survivor Story, Inspire the World contest for Breast Cancer Awareness Month where individuals are encouraged to share inspirational stories, photos and videos about how breast cancer has affected them or someone they love. You could win some amazing prizes like a $500 Aveda gift card, two Splendid tank tops, a signed Elizabeth Hurley High Gloss Lip Color Collection, and a copy of Marisa Acocella Marchetto’s book, Cancer Vixen: A True Story, or an assortment of nine BCA pink products.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Deko and Posh would like to hear about yours or someone in your life’s Breast Cancer stories. A random winner will be selected to win a Pink Gift Package from dekoposh, Inc which includes a Pink OMG Tween Tee, a Pink BFF onesie, a Breast Cancer Awareness “Build a Purse,” a Pink BLNT Teen Tee, and a pink Breast Cancer Awareness Pin. Deadline to enter is Oct 31st.
Organic Baby Resource is holding the Organic Baby Contest where you could win some great prizes from various cool sponsors. To enter, just submit a product review you’ve done on any organic-type baby product you’ve used. Deadline is October 31st.
The Dial Complete brand has launched an informative Web site — www.campaignforcleanhands.com — that features a video contest for kids; an online “DC Germ Blaster” video game; and a variety of fun, educational hand washing materials parents can print and share with their children, including a home hand washing chart, coloring and activity sheets, bookmarks and a memory game. The site also features a sweepstakes visitors can enter to win a year’s supply of Dial Complete foaming hand wash. Visit www.campaignforcleanhands.com to partake in all the hand washing fun!
- Muse Reviews – $50 gift certificate to Tiny Prints (Oct 7th/US)
- Goodies for Mom – 20 – 4X6 custom photo cards with envelopes (Oct 8th/US)
- Leslie’s Life – $25 Gift Certificate to J!NX (Oct 10th)
- Family Review Network – Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphing Calcuator (Oct 11th/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – $50 to Posh Doggie Necklace (Oct 11th/US)
- Mommy’s Idea – $60 Design Credit from RS Designs (Oct 12th/Any)
- MommyBlog Reviews – Pair of jeans at The Gap or GapKids (Oct 13th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Political Greeting Cards from Hallmark (Oct 13th/US)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Black Butterfly Stationary – eight notecards (Oct 13th/US, Can)
- A Frog In My Soup – Mega Blog Design from SNS Blog Design (Oct 20th)
Just for Women
- Rainy Day in May – Pink Giveaway (Oct 5th)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – T-shirt of choice from LTDChix (Oct 8th/US)
- A Frog In My Soup – Collaborative digi-scrap kit, Autumn Harvest, from Faith Sisters (Oct 13th/Any)
- Sassy Frazz – Ju-Ju-Be BeLight Bag (Oct 15th/Cont US)
- Notes of Jubilee – Dove Gift Tote: Dove cucumber mint shampoo and conditioner, Dove cucumber mint deodorant and a cute brown tote (Oct 17th)
- Our 2 Peas in a Pod – A pair of pink earrings (Oct 31st)
- Mommy’s Idea – black & pink quilted tote (Oct 31st/US, Can)
Just for Kids
- An Island Life – $100 to Halloween Party Store (Oct 5th)
- An Island Review – iCarly Season 1 DVD (Oct 5th/Any)
- Making Travel With Kids Fun – $150 Gift Certificate to LittleJetSet.com (Oct 6th/US)
- Livin’ With Me – Tamagotchi Giveaway (Oct 6th/US)
- An Island Review – Tutu of your choice (Oct 8th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – K’NEX Sesame Street Building Set (Oct 8th/US)
- Simple – Winners choice of Bugaboo Shoes (Oct 8th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Package of Tattoos For Tots (Oct 9th/Any)
- Muse Reviews – Sesame Street Playground CD/DVD (Oct 9th/US)
- An Island Life – Secret Keeper Girl (Oct 11th/Any)
- Mommy Reviewed – 2 Huru Humis and a T-shirt (Oct 12th/US)
- Red Sox Mommy – Our First Journey DVD from On Butterfly Wings (Oct 13th/US)
- Sassy Frazz – K’nex Sesame Street Building Set (Oct 15th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – I Spy Private Eye Game (Oct 15th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – Pocket Snails Potty Adventure DVD (Oct 15th/Cont US)
- Relishing the Dirt – Yoplait Gift Pack: cooler, free kids yogurt, Brain Quest game (Oct 16th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Package of Stick with Me Wristbands from Stuck on You (Oct 16th/US)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – Tools for School pack labels by Stuck on You (Oct 23rd/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – (5) Whirl-O Lightnings, (5) Whirl-O Trick Deck Sets (Oct 31st/US)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Cuddling Baby Mei Tai of your Choice (Oct 6th/US, Can)
- An Island Review – Infant Massage DVD from BabyBabyOhBaby (Oct 7th/Any)
Home & Garden
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – BusyBodyBook Organizer (Oct 5th/US)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – Hoohobbers Rocking Chair (Oct 5th)
- Close to Home – Year Supply of Scott Tissue and Towels (Oct 7th/US)
- An Island Review – Cocoa Puffs Combos Cereal (Oct 9th/Any)
- An Island Life – DYMO LetraTag Personal Label Maker (Oct 10th/Any)
- Contest Bytes – Sylvania DOT-it Checkers LED Lights (Oct 15th/US, Can)
Books for Grown-Ups
- Grasping for Objectivity in my Subjective Life – Books by Christian Author/Speaker Jarrod Jones (Oct 7th/US, Can)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – The Takeout Cookbook (Oct 9th/Any)
- Heart Reflections – The Mom Complex by Darlene Schacht (Oct 10th)
- An Island Review – ADD/ADHD Drug Free (Oct 11th/Any)
- Chefdruck Musings – Then She Found Me DVD (Oct 13th)
The American Society of Hematology (ASH) has recently launched a new campaign to help educate the public on the link between healthy blood and total wellness. ASH’s campaign keeps in step with Acting Surgeon General Steven K. Galson, MD, M.P.H. recent call-to-action on Deep-Vein Thrombosis (DVT, a type of clot that forms most commonly in a major vein of the leg) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE, when a detached clot travels through the heart to the lungs where it becomes wedged, preventing adequate blood flow), which pushed to increase awareness of these potentially fatal medical conditions and recommended actions for individuals, families, healthcare systems and others to reduce the number of cases of each nationwide.
Ever thought about growing a moustache? *Well, not you but maybe someone you know?* That’s exactly what the folks at Movember are trying to get men to do. Movember is a moustache growing charity event held during November each year that raises funds and awareness for men’s health. It started in Australia (“mo” is Aussie slang for moustache) and happens all around the world. In the U.S., Movember is being utilized to get people talking about prostate cancer, a very serious health issue for men. Stop by for more info.
From now till December 28th, when customers buy any Baskin-Robbins frozen beverage, a second beverage is half-price. Additionally, stores will offer two pre-packed quarts of any Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor for $9 and three quarts for only $12. Along with these great deals, Baskin-Robbins is also featuring special ice cream flavors this fall, including Apple Pie á La Mode and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Also, Baskin-Robbins has the 2008 Election Flavors in stores now. Stop by to find out what they are.
A few months ago, I mentioned a contest going on called Someday Stories Dreams. Well, the finalists have been selected and now it’s your turn to vote for your favorite entry where the winner will receive $100,000 and a charity will win $250,000. Vote today and help make someone’s dream come true.
- psycho supermom – Family Movie Night
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.