This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing is about to have her baby and you could win either a Fisher-Price Clipo Figure Bucket or a Transformer Turbo Tooth Tune Toothbrush by guessing the delivery date. Hurry, she’s due any day now!
Ever wanted your very own Glenna Jean Bedding Set to decorate the nursery of your dreams? An Island Life and Your Little Sweet Pea are extending a special offer to 4 lucky people to purchase either a 4 or 5 piece bedding set at cost! That’s a savings of over $100. Come on over and check it out!
Bethany, the owner of The Polkadot Platypus, and her husband are in the process of adopting a little girl from Russia who has down syndrome. The Mom Crowd is hosting a raffle where participants can win some amazing prizes totaling over $1700! Each ticket costs $5 and will go towards helping a little girl with special needs find a home with an amazing family.
Mel, A Dramatic Mommy has joined the Adopt-a-Soldier program and needs your help. She’s looking for postcards (one from every state) that she can send to her adopted soldier. It will only cost you a stamp but think about the good it will do for a brave soldier far away from home.
Don’t forget to stop by Mommy Mandy’s place as she celebrates her birthday with a hugh giveaway bash. Lots of great products to be won so check it out. Festivities run until Sept 21st.
Do you love entering contests? Looking for a place to list your latest giveaway? PMKU has put together a blogroll listing many sites who will help promote your giveaway for free! Check it out!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
For all the mom bloggers/yogurt enthusiasts out there, this is a pretty fun thing for the kiddos and healthy too. Stonyfield is holding a flavor election, with cartoon debates, to choose their next flavor. Anyone who votes for their favorite candidate will have a chance at winning a whole years supply of yogurt! Check out the cartoon and more info at http://www.stonyfield.com/flavorelection/index.cfm and vote!
Do you have a child who’s gone vegetarian? You can enter them in the PETA’s Second Annual World’s Cutest Vegetarian Kid Contest where the winner will be announced in their hometown media and will be featured in a future issue of PETA’s Animal Times. They will also receive a prize pack with PETAKids T-shirts, and a copy of PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk’s book 50 Awesome Ways Kids Can Help Animals. Deadline to enter is October 1st.
Sprig.com is creating a slideshow to showcase the cutest Halloween costumes that are made by reusing and recycling stuff. They’re asking moms to send in photos of their little ghouls and goblins all dressed up and if they’re one of the best, they’ll be featured on their site! Stop by before Oct 24th for more information.
The Westin New York at Times Square has launched a video contest for kids where the winning video entry will receive a family vacation to The Westin New York at Times Square on New Year’s Eve! The contest is in celebration of the hotel’s upcoming sixth anniversary, and contestants must submit a short video singing an original happy birthday song to the New York City hotel. Deadline to enter is October 31st. Stop by for more information.
This holiday season, Uncle Ben’s is proud to offer families a way to share favorite holiday rice dishes with the rest of the country by inviting all home cooks to enter the “Uncle Ben’s Ultimate Holiday Rice Recipe Contest.” One winner, chosen by celebrity party planner Preston Bailey, will win a trip to New York City for an exclusive consultation with Preston where he will share his tips and recipes to make your next party a hit. In addition, for every recipe submitted, Uncle Ben’s will donate $1 to Feeding America, the nation’s food bank network and the largest charitable hunger-relief organization in the country. Deadline to enter is October 31st.
Enter your child in the “Frame Your Future” Contest and they could win one of five $1000 scholarships to help them reach their goals. Enter from September 1, 2008 until March 31, 2009. Each week they will post submissions on their Church Hill Classics page on Facebook, where the public can view entries and contestants can check out the entries. The top 24 finalists will be announced by Church Hill Classics on April 15, 2009. Then, the “top 5” scholarship winners will be chosen by popular vote online at framemyfuture.com. All of the top 24 finalists will receive a special Frame My Future frame for their entry.
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – Shirt from Field Dress (Sept 14th/US)
- Savvy Housewife – Quaker Sports Bag & Granola Bars (Sept 15th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Ringling Bros. DVD & Red Clown Noses (Sept 18th)
- An Island Life – Ringling Bros. Program, DVD, & Red Clown Noses (Sept 19th/Any)
- Family Review Network – $50 to Tiny Prints (Sept 30th)
- In the Trenches of Mommyhood – $50 to Tiny Prints (Sept 30th)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – $50 to Tiny Prints (Sept 30th)
Just for Women
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Stellarocco tee of choice (Sept 17th/Any)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – Pink Tassi (Sept 18th)
- An Island Life – Old Schoolhouse Tote Bag (Sept 20th/Any)
- An Ordinary Life – Elliott Lucca Handbag (Sept 24th)
- Mommy-Come-Lately – $200 to Aveda (Sept 24th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Hana Professional Flat Iron from Misikko (Sept 26th/US)
Just for Kids
- Three Peas in a Pod – A Little Bit of Faith from Precious Girls Club (Sept 14th/Any)
- An Island Review – Idbids Eco-Friendly Starter Kit from Hazelnut Kids (Sept 15th/US)
- A Daycare Life – Kidz Bop 14 CD (Sept 15th/Any)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – See Kai Run Shoes (Sept 15th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A J. Blossom Mini Fun Pack in Great Big Grape (Sept 17th/US)
- An Island Review – two sets of 5 PakNaks each of the winner’s choice (Sept 18th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – An Item of your choice from Fliggity (Sept 18th/US)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – $25 Gift Certificate to Build-A-Bear Workshop (Sept 19th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Wow, Wow, Wubbzy: A Tale of Tails DVD (Sept 20th/Any)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – “A Little Bit of Faith” (Precious Girls Club #1) along with scratch-off cards for a free trial membership to PreciousGirlsClub.com (Sept 21st/US)
- Sassy Frazz – Board Games from Rix Products (Sept 22nd/Cont US)
- Chefdruck Musings – Karito Kids Doll (Sept 22nd)
- Froggy Reviews – Felt Activity Book (Sept 23rd/US)
- Adventures of a Breastfeeding Mother – Precious Girls Club (Sept 30th/US)
- A Mom Who Loves Reviews – Rockin’ Baby Sling (Sept 17th/US)
- An Island Review – $25 to Too Hot Tot Bling (Sept 19th/Any)
- Chefdruck Reviews – Baby Einsteins DVD (Sept 22nd)
- Coast to Coast – New For Baby Original One-Piece in the color & size of your choice (?)
Home & Garden
- Unexpected Bliss – Breezyrain Soaps (Sept 16th/US)
- NothingLikeIt – Hillbilly Homebrew Candle/Coaster Set (Sept 19th/US)
- SAHM Reviews – Country Bob’s Cookbook & 2 bottle of Country Bob’s Sauce(Sept 19th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Country Living Collection Best-Ever Spinach Dip Mix (Sept 19th/US)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Two Packages of GRiPPiES (Sept 19th/Any)
- Your Goodies Galore – 10 Personalized Snowman Cards (Sept 19th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Soda Stream Soda Maker (Sept 24th/Cont US)
Books & Music for GrownUps
- An Island Review – NOW That’s What I Call Country CD (Sept 17th/Any)
- Tara’s View on Books – Nina Garcia’s new book “The One Hundred” (Sept 19th/Any)
- Did You See That? – Sweet Life by Mia King (Sept 19th)
- Sassy Frazz – Saturdays with Stella by Allison Pittman (Sept 2nd/Cont US)
- Froggy Reviews – Tthe complete set of Three books: Catch A Rising Star, You Had Me At Goodbye and That’s (Not Exactly) Amore (Sept 23rd)
Through sendmyteacher.com, parents and students can nominate an elementary school teacher to attend the 2009 Mickelson ExxonMobil Teachers Academy. The Academy, developed by Golfer Phil Mickelson, the ExxonMobil Foundation, Math Solutions, and the National Science Teachers Association, helps 3rd through 5th grade teachers develop their math and science skills and inspire their students. Nominate your favorite teacher before October 31st.
The Cradle, the premier lifestyle destination for new and expectant parents, has partnered with Pregnancy magazine to search for America’s favorite independent baby boutique. The program, which launches September 15 on www.TheCradle.com, is looking for the shops that go above and beyond selling baby basics. Whether they offer the best selection of hard-to-find stylish baby clothing, the latest in eco-friendly toys and furniture, parenting classes, or in-house consultants to help moms navigate the new world of mothering, The Cradle wants to hear about your readers’ favorite baby boutiques. To enter, please go to www.thecradle.com/bestbabyboutique. The link will go live September 15.
Everybody Wins USA is a national literacy and mentoring nonprofit organization that is fighting the literacy gap between lower income and higher income children by bringing volunteer mentors into schools for weekly one-on-one reading experiences with kids. Stop by for more information on how you can get involved in this worthy cause.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Kailani can be found at An Island Life, An Island Review, Family Review Network & Island Baby Boutique.
Leave a Comment