Stop by MomDot for this week’s great giveaways including jewelry, tutus, aprons, and note cards!
Back by popular demand, Baby Tea Leaves is having another Weight Loss Challenge just in time for the holidays called Hot for the Holidays. It begins on Sept 5th and you can get all the necessary info here.
This week’s Parent Bloggers Network’s Blog Blast is all about Back-to-School! Just submit a post talking about your back-to-school memories or your child’s experiences and you could win $50 to Hanes.com. To participate, just publish your post between Aug 22nd – 24th and email the url to parentbloggers at gmail dot com. Don’t forget to include links to Hanes.com & Parent Bloggers Network.
Kelly at Pass the Torch is holding her annual School Year’s Resolution Carnival beginning August 22nd. For more information on how you can participate, stop by Pass the Torch today!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS
Who says you shouldn’t play with your food? Menu Planning Central is holding a Creative Face Sandwich Contest where the winner will receive some really cool prizes. To enter, just submit a photo of your silly sandwich then get all your friends to vote for you. For more info, stop by Menu Planning Central today!
Family Circle and eBay have teamed up with Brickfish to launch a Mother-Daughter Wardrobe Contest. The contest asks entrants to submit a photo or video of you and your mother or daughter, your ages and a short description of your experiences sharing your wardrobe. The grand prize mother-daughter team will get expert advice from eBay’s Style Director, Constance White, and the Family Circle fashion team. Plus, you could win $3,000 for the perfect shareable wardrobe on eBay and a trip to New York City for a photo shoot and the chance to appear in an upcoming issue of Family Circle.
Did you know that over half of all teachers have to purchase their own cleaning supplies? Well, Clorox and the PTA have teamed up to give back to these amazing educators by organizing the Healthy Classroom Hero Contest. Among other prizes, the winner teacher will receive $10,000 for them self as well as for their school! For more information on how to nominate your Hero, stop by the Clorox site today!
- Goodies for Mom – Blogging for Blood Cancer Giveaway (Aug 18th)
- Close to Home – Yummy Mummy Manifesto, Basq Resilient Body & Citrus Sugar Body Polish, a $50 Lands’ End gift card, 10 cases of Primo Water, and a Nap26 (Aug 18th/US & Can)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Red Land’s End Backpack (Aug 20th/US)
- Mommy’s Idea – Make Life Simpler Giveaway (Aug 20th/?)
- Chefdruck Musings – 6 Months Free of Sittercity Membership (Aug 22nd/?)
- A Box of Chocolates – 3 month subscription to Weight Watchers (Aug 24th/?)
- What’s That Smell? – 1 Grand Prize: Job Search Strategy and Action Plan a $247 jobseeker coaching plan with a professional job coach PLUS 4 Additional Prizes: Savvy Jobseeker Guide & Workbook (Aug 25th/US & Can)
- Free to Be You Designs – WordPress Theme, Domain Name, Hosting, etc (Aug 25th/any)
Just for Women
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – Sterling Silver Garnet Earrings (Aug 17th/US)
- An Island Review -Customized Crystal Bracelet from Off the Beaten Path (Aug 21st/any)
- An Island Review – Beanick Bracelet from Twisted Silver (Aug 22nd/any)
- Stir-Crazy! – SpitKit from MomSpit (Aug 25th/?)
Just for Kids
- An Island Review – Handy Manny DVD (Aug 18th/any)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – $30 gift certificate to Wild Dill (Aug 18th/any)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – Veggie Tales DVD (Aug 18th/US)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Baby Big from DaBib (Aug 20th/any)
- Simple – Sidekick Cape (Aug 20th/?)
- Busy Mommy – Clean ‘n Flip cleaning system for Kids from Trigger Memory System (Aug 20th/US)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – Bath Products from Boon (Aug 20th/?)
- Red Sox Mommy – A Pair of See Kai Run shoes of the winner’s choice (Aug 21st/?)
- An Island Life – Clothespin! Game from Briarpatch (Aug 22nd/US)
- Notes from My Nest – Hair Accessories from Oopsie Dazie (Aug 22nd/US)
- An Island Life – Cap Trappers from Savvy May Creations (Aug 23rd/US & Can)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Princess Linens Doodlebugz Crayola Crayon Purse (Aug 23rd/US)
- Sassy Frazz – Clothespin Game from Briarpatch (Aug 25th/US)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – Little Einsteins DVD (Aug 25th/US)
- Stir-Crazy! – $30 to Suzy Homemaker (Aug 27th/?)
- mod*mom – Eco-Friendly Back-to-School Supplies from Whole Foods (Sept 1st/?)
- An Island Review – Nursery Letters from Ardent Garden (Aug 20th/any)
- What’s That Smell? – personalized custom blanket, stuffed bunny and burp cloths from The Whimsical Stork (Aug 26th/US)
- Mama K NJ – $29 to NonToxicTots.com (Aug 30th)
- Glow Mama Blog – Various prizes for Mommy & Baby (Sept 15th/US)
- Red Sox Mommy – Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel (Aug 18th/US & Can)
- Friends of Heroes – Vinyl Wall Decal (Aug 18th/?)
- Mommy Goggles – Secure2Me Blanket (Aug 24th/?)
- Quiskaeya – Eco-Friendly RADIUS Toothbrush and Natural Floss combo set (Aug 26th/US)
Home & Garden
- Charming & Delightful – Febreze Product (Aug 18th/?)
Books & Movies for GrownUps
- A Book Blogger’s Diary – The Night Villa by Carol Goodman (Aug 25th/US)
- A Book Blogger’s Diary – Left to Die by Lisa Jackson (Aug 31st/US)
Expo TV: “ExpoTV features thousands of Videopinions reviews – short, unbiased, consumer videos of products and services. Learn everything you need to know about these products and hundreds more from regular people, using them every day in their own homes. What tips can they tell you that owner manuals and advertising never will? Find out in video at ExpoTV.com.”
iLunchBox.com: “iLunchBox.com is more than just a website. It is a resource center and portal of information for parents and caregivers dedicated to the pursuit of a healthier lunch for school aged children. iLunchBox is an online community encouraging the input and contribution of its ever growing readership through weekly blogs; monthly webcasts; and social networking.”
Inspired by Diabetes: “Inspired by Diabetes is a global campaign asking people with diabetes, as well as their family, friends and healthcare professionals, to express how diabetes has impacted their lives — and share those stories with others around the world.” Their newest ambassador is Olympian Gary Hall who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 1999, and a year later, defied the odds by winning his first individual gold in the 50 freestyle in Sydney in 2000. In 2004 in Athens he became, at 29 years old, the oldest male in 80 years to win gold for the U.S. team.
ClosetGuru.com: “A great tool for busy parents that are looking to save time by keeping all the kids’ sporting goods, clothes, toys, etc. (the list could go on and on) organized. The website includes tips for organizing. A photo gallery gives readers a visual representation of the tips and tricks the professionals outline on the website.”
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.