Mark your calendars! Goodies For Mom is hosting a “Blogging For Blood Cancer” event from August 11th-18th. This first time event will bring bloggers from across the United States together to raise awareness for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. All participants will be eligible for some great prizes!
Pretty Preppy Monograms is turning one! To celebrate, they’re holding various giveaways for the next two weeks with some great prizes to be won. In addition, you will receive 20% off your entire order until August 4th. Just enter the code ONEYEAR at checkout.
Mark your calendars! Parent Bloggers Network & Generation Cures is holding a Blog Blast with this week’s theme being “helping others”. Just publish a post between August 1st – 3rd about what you and your kids have done to help others and make a difference. Make sure to link http://www.generationcures.org and http://blog.parentbloggers.com somewhere in your post. Then email them the link to your post at [email protected]. A random winner will receive $30 donation credit at Generation Cures, along with their choice of a Generation Cures adult or child tee shirt or messenger bag. Open to US and Canadian addresses.
Every Friday, Shake the Salt is bringing some great deals your way in Friday FREE for All!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
- Peta.org – Crock-Pot Slow Cooker (Aug 6th)
- SmartNow.com is running a fantastic promotion where the winner will get a beauty makeover along with some brand new wardrobe pieces . . . all in NYC in September. Deadline to enter is August 15th.
- Club Med is asking kids (ages 1-17) to create a video to include a unique dance choreographed to theme song Dance in the Sun. Of course, parents will need to help kids with the technical aspects. They must upload the video onto YouTube and submit the URL to [email protected]. For complete rules, visit www.clubmedcrazysigns.blogspot.com before September 15th.
- Want to win a brand new car? Check out the Saturn “Kiss My Astra” Contest currently running at http://www.saturnkissmyastra.com. Anyone in the U.S. can enter for a chance to win a 2008 Saturn Astra five-door XR. For complete details, people can log on to http://www.Saturnkissmyastra.com and upload a photo of themselves kissing an Astra as well as include a written description in 50 words or less. The photo submission period ends September 6, 2008. Finalists (named by a panel of judges) can recruit their friends and relatives to vote for their photo beginning September 14, 2008. During this phase, voters can also enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win additional prizes.
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – $10 to Burger King (July 31st/any)
- Froggy Reviews – Blog Design by SNS Blog Designs (Aug 7th/any)
Just for Women
- All Because Two People Fell in Love ~ Mom’s Ultimate Family Organizer (midnight on July 27th/US)
- An Island Review – Bath Bombs from Beyond the Bomb (July 28th/US)
- Chic Shopper Chick – Momager Calling Cards or Social Stationery from Paperlicious – July 30th (US only)
- Forgetfulone – Gift Set of 4 Bath Bombs from Beyond the Bomb (Aug 2nd/US)
- Contest Bytes – “Live Fully” Tee (Aug 8th/?)
- One Day At a Time – Mary Kay Satin Hands Set (Aug 10th/?)
- Shake the Salt – Black Tote Bag filled with beauty products (Aug 25th/any)
Just for Kids
- Chic Shopper Chick – Ugly Dolls Giveaway – July 27th (US only)
- An Island Life – Summer Floral Dress & Shirt from Your Little Sweet Pea (July 27th/US)
- Megret – Kidsloveanimals.com’s African Safari DVD for kids (July 29th/US)
- A Window To My Crazy Life – Parking Pal Car Magnet (July 29th/?)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – One (1) Fabulous 45 SPF sun hat in Navy Blue (July 31st/any)
- Did You See That? – Xeko: Mission China Game (July 31st/?)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Win one (1) of six (6) Boogily Bunnies or Stitch Kittens (July 31st/US)
- MomDot – Tutu Hair Bow Holder from Bambina Ballerina (July 31st/?)
- Little Blots of Faith – A Set of Activity Books: Knight Guide and the Princess Guide (July 31st/US & Can)
- An Island Review – Veggie Tales DVD (Aug 1st/any)
- Chefdrucks Musings – Babies Are Boring by Jon Ritchie (Aug 1st/?)
- Livin’ With Me – Safety ID Bracelet (Aug 1st/US & Can)
- An Island Life – Kids Tee from Trendy Tadpole (Aug 2nd/US)
- Chic Shopper Chick – French/English Flashcards from Mudpuppy – August 3rd (US and Canada)
- Froggy Reviews – My First Scrubs from Princess Linen (Aug 4th/US)
- Ohana Mama – (oopdoo) Band-Aid Blanket (Aug 9th/?)
- Moomettesgram’s Musings – New Boutique Hartstrings Sailor Prep Dress (Sept 2nd/any)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Safety Caps for your entire household (July 27th/?)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Pair of My First Shades (July 28th/US)
- Ohana Mama – Stardust Lullaby CD (July 31st/?)
- An Island Life – Personalized Baby Blanket (Aug 1st/any)
- Sassy Frazz – grobag sleeping bag for babies from Keen Distribution (Aug 4th/?)
Books for GrownUps
- Did You See That? – Note to Self by Samara O’Shea (July 29th/?)
Home & Garden
- Forgetfulone – 2 bottles of Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce and a cookbook (July 27th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – BPA-free Camelbak Water Bottle from LetsGoGreen.biz in your choice of color (July 27th/US)
- Close to Home – Cookies by Designs Cookie Bouquet (July 29th/?)
- Mommie Daze – $25 Gift Certificate to Soothing Rituals (July 30th/US)
- MomDot – $20 to Scribble (July 31st/?)
- SAHM Reviews – Precious Moments “Birthday Wishes With Hugs and Kisses” figurine (Aug 2nd/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – The Ultimate Tea Diet Book & Craving Tea Sampler (Aug 5th/US)
- Adventures of a Breastfeeding Mother – Precious Moments “Birthday Wishes With Hugs and Kisses” figurine” (Aug 8th/US)
- mod*mom – Wall Candy Decal Set (Aug 25th/?)
4 Paws for Erin – “Erin is getting a canine miracle from 4 Paws for Ability! Her multipurpose assistance dog will be trained specifically to her needs. Tasks will include behavior disruption, tether, tracking/search and rescue, balance, and pre-guide dog work.” They’re currently in the fund raising stage and are asking for your help. Stop by 4 Paws for Erin for more information.
If you’re a member of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare rewards program, you’re going to love this! From July 27th – August 2nd, if you create one KODAK Picture Movie DVD, you’ll receive CVS/pharmacy Extra Bucks equivalent to the price of the Photo Book or KODAK Picture Movie DVD. You know what that means? It’s free! Stop by your local CVS today!
Charisse Williams would like to share with you “Proverbs for Parenting”. It is a free weekly e-devotion, which comes out of her own personal journaling through the book of Proverbs. Her focus was on applying them toward Mothering and “Wifeing” and growing as a Woman. They are short and honest and to the point. To subscribe simply go to her website www.charissewilliams.com and then to the link to Proverbs for Parenting.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.