This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
About.com is looking for dedicated and knowledgeble people interested in joining their guide team. For a list of current openings, stop by their job postings located here.
The Editor of Mother Verse is looking for submissions for a proposed book entitled “Mothering Out Loud: Moms Tell the Truth About Blogging it All”. Queries will be accepted through July 15th 2008 and should be no more than 300 words explaining your proposed angle, a brief bio, a link to your blog (or places you blog) and why you feel your work should be included in the anthology. For more informations, requirements, and a list of possible categories, stop by Mother Verse today.
Thinking of going back to school via online classes? eLearner.com has recently announced “Project Working Moms 2” – a campaign that offers working Moms a chance to go back to school with a fully paid scholarship to online colleges and universities. For more information or to apply, stop by before August 31st.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Were you proposed to in a funny or especially romantic way? Enter your story and you could win $500 to Zappos.com sponsored by OK! Magazine & Capessa. Deadline is July 23rd.
- For Everyone
- Simply A Musing Blog – Palm Tungsten E2 Handheld Pda (June 30th)
- Save Money – $25 Gas Card (June 30th)
- An Island Review – Internet Password Organizer (July 1st)
- What’s That Smell? – $10 to Best Buy (July 11th)
- The Celebrity Cafe – $500 to Shop.com (July 31st)
- Just For Women
- Thingamababy – Conceivex Conception Kit (June 30th)
- JavaFit – Beauty Products from Skin Appetit (June 30th)
- Fun and Free Giveaways – Hand Stamped Necklace from Bella Nota (June 30th)
- Hip Mama’s Place – Twisted Silver Gold Bracelet (July 2nd)
- Notes From My Nest – Pink Lemonade Tote Bag (July 2nd)
- Steeping Beauty – Bruno Jamais restaurant gift certificate AND a SOTHYS secrets cream (July 9th)
- Just For Kids
- An Island Life – Bugalug Hair Accessories (June 30th)
- Did You See That? – Any two items from Oopsie Dazie Hair Accessories (June 30th)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – My First Shades Sunglasses (June 30th)
- Simple Reviews – Tomo & Edie Hair Accessories (July 1st)
- An Island Life – Parking Pal Magnet (July 2nd)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – See Kai Run Shoes (July 2nd)
- An Island Life – Kids Books from Early Start (July 3rd)
- An Island Life – Sara Rose Tutu (July 4th)
- Livin’ With Me – Prize Pack from Stubby Pencil Studio (July 4th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – True Learning 2 Disc CD-Rom (July 4th)
- mod*mom – Tickets to Doof-A-Palooza @ Google HQ (July 7th)
- mod*mom – Summer Vacation Educational Toys (July 21st)
- Baby Essentials
- An Island Life – Secure2Me Blankets (July 1st)
- Red Sox Mommy – Designer Wipes Case from Tic-A-Too (July 2nd)
- Did You See That? – The Pregnancy Journal by A. Christine Harris, Ph. D (July 3rd)
- An Island Life – Stuk on U Romper (July 5th)
- Writing from Kiddom – The Pregnancy Journal by A. Christine Harris, Ph. D (July 5th)
- An Island Life – $50 to Little One’s Baby Gifts (July 6th)
- Busy Mommy – Natural Baby Starter Kit from Seventh Generation (?)
- Home & Garden
- mod*mom – Eco-Friendly Alexander Girard Area Rug (June 30th)
- mod*mom – Digital Subscription to Dwell Magazine (June 30th)
- A Window To My Crazy Life – My Plate Mate (July 1st)
- UnexpectedBliss – Various prizes including a Live Your Best Life Candle Boxed Set (July 1st)
- Simple – Paraben-Free Shampoo and Conditioner (July 2nd)
- Life, the Universe, and Everything – Orville Redenbacher Popcorn (July 2nd)
- New Mommy Chronicles – Amazing Grace Pie of your choice (July 4th)
- mod*mom – Whole Foods Market Natural First-Aid Kits (July 4th)
- A Frog In My Soup – Mom Can I Help Around the House? Chore System (July 11th)
- mod*mom – Removable Art Car Decal Set (July 14th)
- Trenches of Mommyhood Reviews – Home Hero DC Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Combo Alarm (July 15th)
- Books & Music for GrownUps
- Mommy Mandy – Josh Groban or William Joseph CD (July 3rd)
- mod*mom – Sex and the City: The Movie Bok (July 7th)
- Mom Reviews – ”Blue Smoke and Murder”, “Yes, You’re Pregnant, But What About Me?”, and “Moose: A Memoir of Fat Camp” (July 8th)
In conjunction with MyProductAdvisor.com, CarMax.com has launched a cool new tool where users can enter data about what they’re looking for in a vehicle and get a list of recommendations that’s specific to them and available for purchase through CarMax. This site also allows you to search for vehicles based on safety ratings, customer and expert reviews, and a lot more. If you’re looking for a new car or would like to sell yours, stop by CarMax today.
Last year, we shared with you the HERO Youth Ambassador Program where a select number of teens from across the U.S. and Canada vie for a chance to travel to Africa and work on Protecting Futures, a program by Tampax and Always to help girls stay in school during menstruation. Well, the 2008 Ambassadors have been chosen which includes Natasha Clark, a native of Coldstream, BC who will spend her summer in Africa along with 21 other teens working on Protecting Futures. To learn more about Natasha and the other 2008 Youth Ambassadors or to help support Natasha by visiting her personal page and making a monetary donation to help fund her mission, you may visit http://www.heroaction.org/site/c..gpIPKZOAJoG/b.3750887/. Congratulations to all the winners!
- Barnes & Noble is currently holding their annual Summer Reading Program where kids can earn a free book by reading at least 8 other books this summer. Click here for more information.
- Get a free Thomas Wooden Engine with this printable coupon from Toys-R-Us.
- Here’s a printable coupon for 40% off one item at Michaels. It says reproductions are not accepted but I was able to use my copy recently.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Kailani can be found at An Island Life, An Island Review, & Island Baby Boutique.
Leave a Comment