CONTESTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Shaun’s family is going through a major medical crisis and he’s asking for your help. He’s recently released a song on iTunes ntitled “Never For My Sake” and is donating 100% of the proceeds to Gateway for Cancer Research. If you would like more information or would like to donate to this worthy cause, stop by Shaun Barrowes Blog today.
Ever heard of The Undies Award? It’s an annual event where everyone can vote for their favorite brand of undergarment and at the same time, help benefit cancer research. This year’s sponsor, HerRoom.com, will donate $.25 to The National Cervical Cancer Public Education Campaign for each vote cast. For more information and to cast your vote, stop by The Undies Award.
Baby Tea Leaves has a cool event going on at her blog called Spring into Summer Slimdown 2008. Every Friday, all participants will post their weight loss updates (you don’t have to mention your actual weight) and link back. Random prizes will be drawn among all entries. This is a weekly event that will continue until June 6th.Know a Good Woman? Submit her name, photo, and a brief description of why she’s a Good Woman. If selected, she could be featured at Here’s To Good Women!
Mamanista is celebrating Earth Day by sharing some earth-friendly products, books, free services, tips, contests, and more in her Earth Day Guide. Check out all the Eco-friendly products!
Also, Mamanista’s business partner – Debbie – recently gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Congratulations!
What would your child’s perfect playhouse look like? Coochicoos and 10 Grain is holding a design contest for kids up to 12 years old. To participate, just submit your child’s design and they could win either a 10 Grain Softy Table and Pop Stick Chair Set or a Boon Trio Animal Bag. Deadline is April 25th.
Nominate your favorite Mom and she could win up $25,000 in online contests and an appearance on National television with Donny & Marie Osmond in America’s Favorite Mom Contest! Deadline to enter is May 4th so nominate your favorite Mom today!
Hey all you crafty Moms! GoodyBlog & Parents Magazine is looking for your best homemade birth announcements on cards, bottles, candy bars, etc. Ten winners will be selected and featured in an upcoming edition of Parents Magazine and will also receive $100! Good luck!
Scribbit’s monthly Write-Away contest in currently underway. This month’s topic is “Going Home”. Submit your entry before April 16th and you could win a copy of Historic Photos of Alaska by Dermot Cole and a cool button to display.
This week’s blog blast, sponsored by The Parent Bloggers Network & GetInHerHead.com, is all about Gifts Gone Right, Gifts Gone Wrong. Publish your post on Friday, April 18th discussing good or bad gifts that you’ve received in the past (pictures optional). One random participant will win $250 to your favorite spa! Now who couldn’t use that? Don’t forget to email PBN at parentbloggers (at) gmail (dot) com so they can enter you for this great prize!
My Mommy Bracelets is holding a Spring Fling Giveaway where you could win one of many amazing prizes for yourself, your kids, or your home. Deadline to enter is April 30th.
- For Everyone
- Just for Women
- Just for Kids
- Notes From My Nest – Monkey Backpack (April 14th)
- Did You See That? – Hair Accessory of your choice from Glamorous Girl Accessories (April 14th)
- Kristen McLane – Let’s Make A Joyful Noise (hardback) by Karma Wilson (April 15th)
- Lookit! I Spy . . . – Littlest Pet Shop Giveaway (April 16th)
- Sweet Pea Cakes – Your choice of either a set burp cloths, beach towel, or 2 ribbon belts from Sew Petit. These items can also be personalized (April 18th)
- sassyfrazz – Little Yaya ‘s Boutique Rag Quilt Blanket (April 19th)
- MonkeeMoos – $100 in Daily Tea kids clothing (April 30th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Choice of Girls Shirts from list (May 6th)
- Baby Essentials
- An Island Review – 3 2-oz jars of Diaper Goop Diaper Rash Cream (April 14th)
- An Island Life – Swaddle Blanket from My Precious Kids (April 16th)
- Did You See That? – Scootababy Baby Carrier (April 16th)
- Prizey – Just Right Bottle Gift Set from Green to Grow (April 16th)
- Close to Home – Lands’ End Diaper Bag (April 16th)
- An Island Life – Doggie Long-Sleeved Onesie 3-6 months from Lolababiez Organics (April 17th)
- Home & Kitchen
- Books & Movies for GrownUps
- Welcome to Married Life – Trouble the Water by Nicole Seitz (April 17th)
- Life is Like a Box of Chocolates – The Other Mother by Gwendolyn Gross (April 20th)
My Grocery Deals – Looking for an easier way to plan your weekly grocery shopping trip? My Grocery Deals provides you with an unbiased free search engine to help you compare products, prices, and stores in your area. What a great way to save time and money!
InfantSEE – “InfantSEE® is a public health program designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an integral part of infant wellness care to improve a child’s quality of life. Under this program, our member optometrists will provide a comprehensive infant eye assessment within the first year of life as a no cost public health service.” Click here to find a participating doctor in your area.
- Free sample of Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Free Nick Jr. Printables thanks to Karen of Know Him Well
- Free copy for blog review of Dream Lucky by Roxane Orgill. To get your copy, email Felicia at Felicia.Sullivan (at) HARPERCOLLINS (d0t) com. Quantities are limited so reserve your copy today.
- Sweet Pea Cakes is offering everyone a 10% discount on all orders. Just use the code SPECIAL at checkout. Offer expires April 30th.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.