This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to our weekly roundup here at “5 Minutes Around the Blogosphere”.
As you know, you can come back all week and add a post or giveaway to our Mister Linky. Be sure to check back often, as new links will be added daily. You don’t want to miss out on something fun.
- Book Adventure has partnered with Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole for a reading contest. Students who read the most books and earn the most points from September 8 – October 8 (view the official contest rules) will have a chance to win great prizes, including:
Prizing for the Individual Student Contest: Grand prize: National Wildlife Federation Owl Adoption Package (3 winners); First prize: Four tickets to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole (10 winners), Second prize: Guardians of the Ga’Hoole 4 book box set (5 winners); Third prize: Movie poster (25 winners).
Prizing for the Classroom Contest (1 winner):Each child in the class* will receive four tickets to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole in theaters.
SWEEPSTAKES & GIVEAWAYS
- For decades, “Calgon, Take Me Away!” has been such a common catchphrase for stressful and embarrassing moments. Whether you are having a bad hair day, experiencing an embarrassing fashion mishap or managing the stresses of work and motherhood, Calgon wants you to capture these moments on video and submit them for a chance to truly be “taken away.”
The videos – which will be judged on originality, creativity in interpreting the theme and entertainment value – should clearly demonstrate why the contest entrant deserves to be “taken away.” The grand prize will meet the personal needs of the winner, ranging from a spa trip for a stressed out mom to a personal shopper for the fashionably challenged and will be announced in January 2011.
Consumers can enter the Take Me Away! Moments Contest by visiting www.TakeMeAway.com/Contest,where selected videos will be featured throughout the entry period.
- The “America’s School Spirit Challenge” contest is a way for communities to rally together in these difficult economic times and help their schools. Whether it’s rebuilding libraries, buying up-to-date computers, or taking educational field trips, the winning schools determine how the money can best help them.
This is an online contest with a simple vote form and easy tools so that people can spread the word to family, friends, and community. Our Coming Soon page will be up next week. Here is the link: http://www.care2.com/schoolcontest. Voting runs from September 20th through November 12th, 2010.
- Mommy’s Idea – Win a Package from Finish (9/28 US Only)
- My Organized Chaos – $100 Gift Certificate to M&M Meat Shops (9/25 Canada Only)
- Mom Knows It All – SmartSole Exercise Insoles (9/25)
- Contest Corner – Sesame Street Video USB Drive (9/30 US Only)
- Contest Corner – Brendan James Autographed CD & Poster (9/22 US Only)
Just For Kids and Babies
- Mom Knows It All – Puma Outfit from Parigi (9/24)
- 3 Boys and a Dog – Crayola Back to School (9/24)
- Mommy’s Idea – Milly the Pinkest Kitten! (9/24 US Only)
- Val’s Views – Secretariat prizes (10/8)
- Super Coupon Girl – YummyEarth Organic Lollipops (9/29 US Only)
- Here And There – My Name Is Not Isabella (book) (9/25)
Would you like to share a fun giveaway or a worth our while post? Please add it to the Linky below. You can come here any time this week to add in your link. Don’t miss out on the fun. Be sure to visit throughout the week as the linky grows, and more sites are added.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…
If you are having troubles with the above linky, please try this one:
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Leave a Comment