This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to our weekly roundup here at “5 Minutes Around the Blogosphere”.
As you know, you can come back all week and add a post or giveaway to our Mister Linky. Be sure to check back often, as new links will be added daily. You don’t want to miss out on something fun.
- Through a partnership with National Geographic Kids, Popsicle is spreading the word to kids about the 10 simple things they can do every day to help slow the melt of the polar ice caps, which you can check out here.
Additionally, from July 12, 2010 through August 15, 2010, Popsicle® has agreed to donate $1, up to $25,000, to the National Geographic™ Polar Fund for every Tweet containing the hashtag #SlowTheMelt. Funds raised will support research and exploration efforts of the polar ice caps and global warming issues.
SWEEPSTAKES & GIVEAWAYS
- Disney Family.com has announced their new ‘Take a Chance – Make a Change’ contest, an opportunity for one person to win $10,000 to fulfill a life dream or goal. The contest is hosted on GetHatched.com, Disney Online’s latest web site created in partnership with Teri Hatcher and aimed at celebrating women.
Now through July 26th, entrants can log onto GetHatched.com and share their story about an area of their life they’re looking to change. The grand prize winner and their story will be announced on the site in August.
- The official retailer for the 2010 National Book Festival, Borders, is hosting a bookmark designing contest for kids to design the 10th annual festival’s official bookmark. This is the first ever bookmark designed by a member of the public and will be distributed to those who attend the event. In addition, the grand prize winner will receive a $500 Borders gift card as well as an additional $500 gift card for their school library.
- Bendaroos are reusable building sticks made from colored string coated with a special wax, allowing children to play imaginatively for hours. The flexible building sticks can be molded into 2- and 3-D objects for endless possibilities!
To help parents keep kids creative this summer, Bendaroos is offering ten 500-Piece Mega Sets to its Facebook fans each week for ten weeks! Parents can enter to win at www.Facebook.com/Bendaroos .
- The Bewitchin’ Kitchen – Dyson Animal DC31 (7/23 US & Canada)
- Cutie Booty Cakes – Hallmark recordable books (7/23)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy – Wilson Electronics U-Booster (7/31)
- Mom Knows It All – Radius Intelligent Toothbrush (7/23)
- SAHM Reviews – $25 American Express Gift Card (7/27 U.S. Only)
- Melinda Joy – 2 Red Lobster Gift Cards (7/15)
Just For Kids and Babies
- Here And There – Jack And The Beanstalk DVDs (7/23)
- Mommy Moment – Handbells review & $50 gift card from Constructive Playthings (7/19 U.S. & Canada)
- CPA Mom – Sid the Science Kid: Gotta Know Microphone (7/19)
- Mommy Moment – Lock Box Review & $100 gift card from Tag Toys (7/19 U.S. & Canada)
- Everything Up Close – $50 Storkie.com gift certificate (7/21)
Would you like to share a fun giveaway or a worth our while post? Please add it to the Linky below. You can come here any time this week to add in your link. Don’t miss out on the fun. Be sure to visit throughout the week as the linky grows, and more sites are added.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Leave a Comment