This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Too much to tackle…
And I can’t even get to it…
Today was one of those days when you never even get to your to do list. New things just sprout up and block your way – like a two year old tantrum by Julia that went on for over an hour because she didn’t want her diaper on and having some random dog at the park pee on my son’s backpack. (Like I have time to add washing a backpack and its contents to my schedule. But when there is dog pee involved – it moves right to the top of the urgent list let me tell you!)
This week on my to do list:
- Pack! – My husband, Jackson and I are leaving for camp on Saturday. (We volunteer up at a teens’ camp for a week every year.) So I have to do laundry and pack! Nothing like packing for a week at camp – it always takes me way too long!
- Appointments – Dentist for Jackson, Prenatal, Ultrasound, Hair Cut
- Write posts – The posting never ends does it?
- Finish the July 4th Giveaway – Draw and Announce winners. (If you haven’t entered all the contests, don’t wait – you only have until 12am (EST) Tuesday night.)
- Load Photoshop on my husband’s laptop so I can post pictures etc. from camp. (I might not be able to get an internet connection – but hopefully I will.)
- Work on site redesign.
- Answer at least some of the hundreds of flagged emails waiting for me…
- And did I mention packing???
Honestly I don’t know how I am going to be ready on time. I never even get all my urgent emails and work done as it is without adding packing and preparing to be away for a week! So it would really help if dogs would refrain from peeing on my son’s belongings…
Oh – and did you notice that there are no household tackles on that list! The weeks are counting down till Susan and my babies arrive and we still haven’t begun to build Jackson’s new room (the baby is going to take his and we need to close in the office to make a room for him,) nor deal with my unfinished tackle in my storage room/basement, nor tackle my outrageously messy garage. OH MY ladies – I am in trouble!
But how on earth do I get to those big tackles when I can’t even get through my regular days? But I guess I don’t have a choice! So when I get back from camp – watch out – I am going to have to start doing some serious house tackles!
I hope your tackling is going better than mine… make sure you link up and show off…
Leave a Comment