Summer is camping season, but that doesn’t mean all your s’mores have to be made by a campfire. This delicious and easy S’mores Blondies recipe is perfect to mix up at home and take on picnics or enjoy as an afternoon snack or summer dessert.
S’mores Blondies Recipe
Your whole family will love these S’mores Blondies… and you’ll love how easy they are to make. Since this recipe is so simple, it’s a great recipe to make with your kids.
Even really young children can get involved by pouring the marshmallows and sprinkling the chocolate chips.
S'mores Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, and beat again to blend.
- Gradually add in flour, beating until fully incorporated (mixture will be thick, you can use a large spoon if necessary).
- Pour/spread batter into an 8x8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- While your blondies are baking, heat your heavy cream over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to softly boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Immediately pour in your chocolate chips, let sit a few minutes, and then vigorously whisk together until you have a thick sauce.
- Once blondies are finished cooking, pour on your ganache topping and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle on a layer of mini marshmallows, then return to oven for 6-7 minutes or until the tops begin to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and cut into 9 equal pieces for serving.
How Make S’mores Blondies
Here is a step-by-step look at how to make S’mores Blondies…
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
1 cup butter softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Step 2: Mix Ingredients and Bake
In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars. Then add vanilla and eggs, and beat again. Gradually add flour, beating until fully mixed.
Then pour and spread the batter in an 8 by 8 inch baking pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. It should be golden brown.
Step 3: Add Ganache
While blondies are baking, heat heavy cream over medium-high heat while stirring. Once it boils reduce heat to low and immediately pour in your chocolate chips. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then whisk together into a thick sauce.
Pour your ganache topping on the baked blondies and let cool for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Add Marshmallows and Bake Again
Sprinkle a layer of mini marshmallows on top of the ganache and bake for 6-7 minutes.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, cut and serve.
We hope you and your family love this fun twist on s’mores. Turning s’mores into cookies bars makes them easy to bring to parties or pack in a picnic basket.
And since campfires are often not allowed these days, having an alternative to traditional s’mores is a great way to enjoy your favorite camping treat without the campfire.
Pin it for Later
Don’t Miss This…
Do you want another delicious s’mores inspired dessert recipe?
Try our S’mores Dessert Pizza.
If you love cookie bars, check out our recipe for Easy to Make Confetti Bars…