If you’re looking for a special handmade card idea, this wooden mason jar craft is perfect. The sturdy nature of the card means that it won’t just be tossed away, but will surely be displayed on a mantle and treasured for a long time. This handmade card idea is great for so many occasions… It could be a Mother’s Day card, a Father’s Day card, or a Teacher’s appreciation gift at the end of the year.
You can help your children make this fun craft with only a few supplies.
Wooden Mason Jar Craft Supplies
- 1 Wooden Mason Jar (Craft section at Wal-Mart)
- 1 Wooden Gift Tag (Craft section at Wal-Mart)
- Painters Tape
- Light Blue Paint
- Silver Paint
- Yellow Paint
- White Paint
- Circular Paint Stamps
- Black Puffy Paint
- Sticker Letters
- Decorative Flower (Optional)
How To Make A Wooden Mason Jar Handmade Card
- Tape off the top of your mason jar right at the bottom of the lid.
- Paint the mason jar light blue. You may need a couple of coats. Let dry.
- Next, paint your wooden gift tag white and let dry.
- Tape off your jar again, just below the lid.
- Paint your lid silver, and let dry.
- After your tag dries, take your sticker letters and spell out “You light up my world.”
- Once your mason jar is dry, remove painter tape, and stamp circles on to the jar with yellow paint.
- Let dry.
- Once dry, paint little “fireflies” in the center of each yellow circle with your black puffy paint.
- Let dry.
- Add decorative pieces if you choose.
- Lace your twine through the gift tag.
- Tie tag around the top of the mason jar with twine, You can hot glue your tag and twine in place if you choose.
These wooden mason jar cards make such sweet gifts for any occasion. Kids will have fun making these cards and everyone will love receiving them!
Don’t Miss This…
Easy Handmade Journals and Scrapbooks You Can Make with Your Kids
Pin it for Later