Valentine’s Day is the holiday bursting with love, flowers, chocolates, and treats! Have you ever tried making your own chocolate treats though? It’s easier than you might think. This recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Almond Bark is a quick and simple way to make a delicious treat that is perfect for a DIY Valentine’s Day gift.
Homemade chocolate barks are one of the easiest treats you can make. In fact, they’re a great recipe to let the kids take over and try. You, of course, can decide how independent your kids can be with making this chocolate treat. Even the littlest hands can sprinkle on the toppings! Oh, and don’t forget the very important job of licking the bowl. Although that may be a job you don’t want to give up. But even if I lose my bowl scraping duty to the kids, I adore recipes that are simple enough to serve as an introductory lesson into cooking for them.
We’ve prepared and tasted a bunch of bark recipes in our kitchen over the years, but this one is a new favorite. It has an incredible taste! The sweetness of the chocolate paired with the tart strawberries creates a perfect balance. And the crunch of the almonds gives it just the right texture. Prepare yourself, because this irresistible treat is one you won’t be able to stop at only one piece. Yes, it really is that good!
Make this Valentine’s Day a little bit sweeter for your friends and family and give this tasty treat a try! This super simple recipe is the candy equivalent to a beloved, traditional Valentine’s Day treat–chocolate covered strawberries. It’s the perfect chocolate candy to package up and share with others. Just don’t forget to leave a few pieces for yourself.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Almond Bark
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 lb package chocolate almond bark
- dried strawberries
- slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- large microwaveable bowl
- small microwaveable bowl
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate almond bark into a large bowl and melt it in the microwave according to the instructions on the package. Tip: Make sure to heat it on 50% power. It’s very important to not overheat the chocolate or you will cause it to become clumpy and thick. Pour the melted almond bark into the lined baking pan. Spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle freeze-dried strawberries and slivered almonds over the melted chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a second bowl. The coconut oil gives the melted chocolate a smooth consistency and delicious flavor.
- Drizzle this mixture over the bark.
- Allow the bark to set and harden. Placing it in the freezer or refrigerator will speed up this process but make sure to remove it as soon as it’s hardened.
- Break the bark into pieces, eat, and enjoy!
More Sweet Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Pin it for Later