First – may I offer my sincerest apologies!!! I have just not been able to get enough blog visiting time! Life is crazy busy and I am just not able to get all my work done, look after the kids and fit in enough hours of blog visiting every day. So, I am terribly behind on the list.
I have been trying to make my way through carefully – spending time at each of your sites. I don’t want rush through, grab a handful of food and holler “Thanks” as I run out the back door!
So, I hate to report that I am not even a third of the way through the parties! BUT, I am committed to meeting each of you and I will get to your site eventually. (This is also why I haven’t been visiting each of you every time you comment either. I value your comments so much but I feel so bad that I haven’t met all you wonderful people who came to our party that I am trying to use most of my blog visiting time to attend your parties and read your blogs.)
Even though I am not finished visiting everyone, since I suggested we post some of our party hopping highlights this week, here are some of my favorites so far. It is so hard to choose, but as I am visiting I keep a Word document open and I try to remember to copy links of posts or sites that catch my attention. It is in no way a comprehensive list – all of your sites are great!
I will make another favorites list when I have made it through the entire list – and maybe one along the way when I hit about 600 blogs. I’ll see…
Some of the blogs grabbed me because of their fantastic titles and/or tag lines, some were work at home moms, some just had wonderful, kind souls, and some were fabulous artists. Here is a sampling:
- Slurping Life – Because life is too yummy to sip.
Is that a great blog title and tag line or what? And as I read her site, I loved it even more! Oh – and I especially loved her party because it came complete with dirty socks and boys being boys! (Her boys look like they are so much fun – my son would LOVE to have a play date at their place!)
Just a few sentences into Slurping Life, you can tell that Melody has a beautiful soul. Melody is a mom of four children, three of them with special “purposes.” Here is a snippet from her bio:
Our 25 year old son is a talented artist and an all around good guy. He no longer lives at home…I miss him.Our three younger sons are adorable, lovable, intelligent, fun and ALL BOY. They are gifted with special purposes…12 year old lives with Bipolar Disorder and ADHD; 9-1/2 year old lives with Asperger’s Disorder/Asthma-allergies; and 9 year old lives with Cerebral Palsy/High Functioning Autism.
I use the term special purposes because special needs indicates taking and they definitely give.
Our oldest son was born of my body. Our three younger sons were born of my heart. Just as our biological son, our younger sons were our children from the moment of their conception. God made them for us, there is no doubt, and we searched really hard to find them and bring them home.
I am an advocate for abused children, children with special purposes and the precious gift of adoption.
Don’t you just LOVE her already? I am totally excited about finding Slurping Life. I think I can learn a TON from this brave, godly woman.
- And isn’t this a fabulous title – Will Blog for Shoes. I loved it! Bee is a new blogger – so run on over and give her some encouragement to stick around our crazy blogging scene.
- An all around hit with me was There is a Season. I loved the title, the design and the blogger. It is just a really nice, warm place. Plus she is a horse person – and if you search back into my teenage years you will find a crazed horse lover who dreamed of becoming a veterinarian.
- A very cool WAHM with just the most gorgeous handbags is Marvellous Mouse Designs. Sarah is a talented artist and you can check out her work at her site Marvellous Mouse Designs. She is also part of a wonderful site called Boutique Café – definitely worth a click!
- Now this is funny – I chose this next site Song of My Soul because I liked her blog design and most of all her funky jewelry. And then when I clicked over tonight to make sure the link was correct, I found out I won one of her contests. Check out this awesome ring I won! I am just soooo thrilled! Woo hoo! (And it was totally innocent – I had no idea I had won a contest when I chose her for my favorites list.)
- Finally I chose Purple Valley. Val is a talented photographer and artist! (I love photography – so I of course fell in love with her sites.) You can check out her work at VWC Photography. She is also making this wonderful site Grandma’s Diary out of her grandmother’s journals. It is beautiful – so inspiring!
I hate that I had to choose only a few blogs to list. Each of your blogs is a gift and I appreciate meeting each of you. I also wanted to keep this list short so that you can click on over to visit them if you have a few minutes.
Thank you so much for partying with us – and I hope to get to know you better. I do my best to try and visit my commenters, so if you are hanging around here, I will definitely be finding my way back to you eventually. But I am a behind on visiting commenters due to the party etc., so if I don’t get to you right away, feel free to yell at me! 😉