Anna here with a delicious recipe for Apple and Cinnamon Chip Cookies that are full of fall flavors and easy to make.
Apple and pumpkin recipes are abounding on Pinterest all year long but never more than during the fall. I’ve posted a few myself, one right here on 5 Minutes for Mom Apple Pie Crescent Rolls with Cinnamon Icing and a couple on my site Cinnamon Apple Dump Cake with Caramel & Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies.
These cookies are perfectly chewy and thick and loaded with delicious fall flavors.
Everyone in your family will love these delicious cookies and they are simple to make. Granny Smith apples are perfect for baking and easy to find in the fall.
Most of the work in making these cookies is peeling and slicing the apples. It helps to have a good apple slicer to save time preparing the apples.
My daughter, who usually doesn’t really care for apples gobbled these right up. When I told her they had apples in them she looked at me with big eyes like I had tricked her.
I used cinnamon flavored baking chips but of course your could use any flavor you wanted. I think the key to these cookies is using part bread flour. The bread flour makes the cookies rise a little more than regular all purpose flour.
Apple and Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup bread flour
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 apples peeled, sliced, & chopped
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel, slice and chop apples, mix with 1 tbsp white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Cook in a skillet on medium heat until apples are tender.
- Sift together flours, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat, butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugars until well blended.
- Slowly add in dry mixture, mix well.
- Add cinnamon chips and apples.
- Drop spoonfuls onto two baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Find More Tasty Fall Recipes
Try these other recipes that you and your family are sure to love.