Anna here with a new recipe for you that’s full of fall flavors.
Apple and pumpkin recipes are abounding on Pinterest all year long but never more than during the fall. I’ve posted a few myself, one right here on 5 Minutes for Mom Apple Pie Crescent Rolls with Cinnamon Icing and a couple on my site Cinnamon Apple Dump Cake with Caramel & Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies.
These cookies are perfectly chewy and thick and loaded with delicious fall flavors.
My daughter, who doesn’t care for apples gobbled these right up. When I told her they had apples in them she looked at me with big eyes like I had tricked her.
I used cinnamon flavored baking chips but of course your could use any flavor you wanted. I think the key to these cookies is using part bread flour. The bread flour makes the cookies rise a little more than regular all purpose flour.
Apple & Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup bread flour
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 apples peeled, sliced, & chopped
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Peel, slice, & chop apples, mix with 1 tbsp white sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon, cook in a skillet on medium heat until apples are tender
- Sift together flours, salt, and baking soda
- Beat, butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugars until well blended
- Slowly add in dry mixture, mix well.
- Add cinnamon chips & apples
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!