I love my life as a blogger… I can work whenever and wherever. I get to be creative and work with all sorts of different companies.
But it’s definitely a different and misunderstood type of life. Here are 7 things most people don’t know about professional bloggers…
- They aren’t addicted to social media.
They are about as addicted to social media as an accountant is addicted to a calculator. It’s a tool, not a love affair.
- They work far more than even they realize.
It would be too scary to add up the hours, so they don’t.
- They don’t care about swag.
They have enough coffee mugs and canvas totes.
- They feel guilty about not replying to comments.
They live for comments, but stress over not having enough time to reply because they need to publish their next post.
- They have more blog post ideas in their heads than they will ever have time to write.
Except when they quickly have to publish a post. Right. Now.
- They’re not in competition with other bloggers.
Blogging is about community and other bloggers are like their co-workers in their virtual office.
- More than anything, they want you to share their latest post.
Each tweet, pin, like or share feels like a good solid pat on the back.
What Would You Add?
Are you a blogger working to pay your bills? What else would you add to the list?
We’d love, love, love at tweet or a pin…
[Tweet “7 Things Professional Bloggers Won’t Tell You”]
Want To Know More About What We Actually Do?
As a way to give back to our loyal readers, we created a weekly email series that we send out every Monday called “Become a Better Blogger”. In each edition, you will learn something from our 8 years of full-time blogging experience.
Get Become a Better Blogger delivered FREE to your Inbox every Monday…