The Sampler is a weekly column where we feature a variety of mom bloggers. This is a great opportunity to get your blog and your writing noticed!
We love hearing from bloggers and welcome submissions. If you are interested in having your writing and blog featured in The Sampler please read through the guidelines and submission process below.
The purpose of The Sampler is to showcase you and your writing style. Thus, we want you to be yourself and submit content that is a reflection of who you are as a blogger.
This column is geared more towards mommy blogging than to business blogging. If you are interested in promoting your business, you can request a product review and add your listing to our blog directory and our mom-owned store directory.
Your submission must be original, unpublished work. The posts we publish in “The Sampler” will be unique content that is published only on www.5MinutesForMom.com. We encourage you to link to your post from your own blog (and we’ll even provide buttons for you to do so) but you should NOT re-publish the same post on your own blog.
- You must be a mom blogger to submit a post and your blog must be family friendly.
- Your submission must be original, unpublished work; we cannot accept content that is posted anywhere else on the web or on your blog.
- Submissions should be around 500 to 850 words in length.
To be considered for inclusion in “The Sampler”, you should:
- Carefully craft a new post that reflects your blogging style.
- Copy and paste that post into an email along with your name, blog URL, and a small intro about yourself. Send it to sampler5minutesformom at gmail dot com.
- Wait to hear from Shera as to whether or not your submission will be scheduled for publication in “The Sampler”.
- If your post is selected, Shera will email you with further details. (Your post may be edited by Shera, in which case she will email you the edited version for approval before publication.)
- If your post is NOT selected, Shera will email you to let you know that your post will not be published on www.5MinutesForMom.com and you can go ahead and publish your post on your own blog.
Please remember that we will only publish one post per week, and that we will only be able to select a limited number of submissions. Shera will try to select a variety of bloggers with different styles and experience levels, but being published will be somewhat like receiving an award.
We want to emphasize that while it is very hard for Shera to have to turn away submissions, that more submissions will be turned away than will be published.
We want this column to reflect the diversity and high quality writing that exists throughout the mom blogging world. We understand that most mom bloggers are — like us — NOT professional writers. We mom bloggers are most often not trained to professionally write and edit our work and we’re okay with that. Part of the joy in blogging is the relaxed nature of typing what is on your mind.
Thus the selection criteria will not be based purely on writing quality, but on a wide range of intangible aspects of the post.
If your work is selected, you will have the opportunity to display an award button on your site. You can link the image to your published piece. (We offer several different versions and different sizes of award buttons.)
We are excited to continue to promote mom bloggers and we encourage you to submit an original, unpublished post for consideration to sampler5minutesformom at gmail dot com.
We look forward to reading your work!