Posted By Faith Lifts Team
In the next few weeks, you will see many changes here at Faith Lifts. Our first Newsletter is scheduled to go out sometime in February, our new layout should be complete within in the next 2 weeks, just to name a few. We will also be doing away with the themed topics for our devotionals (which will still be the focus of our ministry at Faith Lifts) The most exciting change will be the addition of sections on popular topics that effect women/moms today. Many of you have already emailed us with an interest in being a contributor, and we are very appreciative of that! After having a group discussion amongst the leadership here at Faith Lifts, we decided that the easiest way to accomplish the hard task of choosing section writers would be to have you submit sample entries to our team for review. Here are is the list of topics that will be featured in the new sections - if there is a star beside the topic, we are also looking for a host for that topic. (The duties of a host are described later in this post)
- Parenting (Host: Diane Viere)- This topic will deal with the joys and struggles of parenting. It will focus on the day in day out situations that moms face while raising Godly children. We are looking for individuals who can offer tips and tricks in this area. Example topics would be: Dinner time solutions- A toddler and prayer time.
- *Marriage (Host: Kathleen Marie)- This topic will deal with strengthening the relationship between husband and wife. It will focus on biblical application to the relationship of marriage. We are looking individuals who have a calling in this area. An example topic would be: Finding time with your spouse after children.
- Family Life- (Host: MaryBeth Whalen)This topic will include ideas on how to make your family experience more enjoyable. We are looking for individuals who have a calling in this area and want to share biblical approaches on the topic. An example topic would be: Family outreach- sharing Christ with your neighborhood through servanthood (trash pickup-mowing others yards etc)
- Homeschooling- (Host: Laura Serbin)This topic will deal with organizing and maintaining a successful homeschool experience for your family. We are looking for individuals who have experience in this area and would like to share those experiences with others. Example topics would be: Enjoying your school day- Finding homeschool support
- Homemaking - (Host: Dee Dee) This topic will include recipe’s, organizational ideas, and cleaning tips. We are looking for individuals who enjoy sharing what makes their house a home. An example topic would be: Quick and easy meals, or removing fingernail polish from your new carpet!
- *Health - This topic will include excersize ideas, healthy eating examples, and fitness support. We are looking for individuals who have either battled the fitness experience or are in the process of tackling the attempt to become a more healthy individual. Example topics would be: Gods calling on our bodies as a sanctuary - Fitting exercise into your busy life.
- Frugal Living ( Host: Tammy Hodson) This topic will deal with coupons, price cutting and simple living. We are looking for individuals who can offer ideas and tips to help simplify our readers daily lives. Example topics would be: Getting the most out of your coupons - Ideas on living a less complicated life.
Writers in the above areas will send their entries to the host of that specific topic. Not all articles will be placed on our website, but all will be reviewed. If your article is not placed on faith lifts in the month that you submit it, it will be kept and possibly used at a later date. Your work is still your own, Faith Lifts makes no claims on it once it is placed on our site. If your article is used on Faith Lifts, you will be notified before it is placed and you will receive a button for your sidebar (which must be placed in your sidebar prior to your article being placed on Faith Lifts- if more than one of your articles are placed on faithlifts, you are only required to have one button in your sidebar). If you maintain a personal blog, you must direct your readers to your article on the day it is placed on Faith Lifts. Your article will have a link to your website, along with a brief description about you (which you will need to supply with every entry.
Guidelines for Hosts are as follows:
You must be able to commit to 6 months as a host. We understand that circumstances change and are open to emergencies, and can make those allowances if needed. You will be responsible for finding content for your topic. You will be responsible for sidebar content in your area (each section will have its own sidebar for resources on the topic you host). You will be responsible for reviewing the contributions and sending them to Heather/Laura 24 hours before they are placed on the website (you will not be placing content yourself, so no knowledge of WP is necessary on your part). You will have a link to your blog/website on the topic you host as well as a description about yourself that you will provide to Heather/Laura. You will receive full credit for the management of the area you host. You will be responsible for replying to article submissions and sending the code for the button (which will be provided to you) when a contribution is accepted. In short- you will be responsible for the management of content on the topic you host.
Please submit contributions by going Here. Please put the section topic you are sending a draft in for in the subject line of the contact form. If you would like to be a host, please make sure you label your subject “Host of —-” Also, if there is a topic that we have missed that you feel would be a blessing to our readers, please let us know by going here!
We look forward to hearing from you, and are so excited about the things the Lord has instore for Faith Lifts and this new adventure!
Heather George & Laura Serbin
Co-Founders of Faith Lifts