Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Author: Janice Croze
Recipe type: Snacks
- 2¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup ground hemp seed hearts
- 10 finely chopped dates
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried cherries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Chop dates, cherries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds in blender or food processor.
- Add in pumpkin puree, agave syrup, and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add in pumpkin mixture to and stir until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1 to 1½ inch balls and flatten on parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake on top rack for 14-16 minutes at 350 F or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Makes about 12-16 cookies.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/86754/pumpkin-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies-recipe/