Lemony Orzo, Roasted Tomato & Arugula Salad
Author: Adapted from Epicurious.com
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- juice of lemon
- 1 cup orzo
- 1½ cups crumbled feta (6 ounces)
- large bunch of fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Set a small pot of water to boil.
- Toss together a drizzle of olive oil, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of salt & pepper on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Boil the orzo until al dente. (5-8 minutes, depending on your package directions.)
- Toss the arugula, feta, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Drain orzo, rinse briefly with cold water to halt the cooking.
- Remove tomatoes from oven when they have burst and are beginning to char. (About 10 minutes.)
- Toss the salad with the slightly cooled tomatoes and orzo. Serve.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/77623/orzo-tomato-arugula-salad/