Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb – 99% lean ground chicken
- ½ cup Franks RedHot Sauce, divided (two ¼ cups)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- Red onion, sliced
- Leafy lettuce for topping
- Slice ripe tomato, topping
- Reduce fat crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare Buffalo sauce, combine ¼ Franks RedHot Sauce, butter, garlic powder and turmeric in saucepan on low heat. Stir and heat through until butter melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Knead salt and pepper evenly through ground chicken. Then. divide the ground chicken into six parts and form into ½ inch thick patties approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- Place patties into 9 x 11 baking pan and pierce with fork. Pour ¼ cup hot sauce over patties and marinate for 5 minutes or while grill heats.
- Grill chicken burgers for two minutes each side.
- Brush sliced red onions with canola oil and grill five minutes each side.
- Serve chicken burgers on rolls. Drizzle Buffalo sauce over burgers. Top with reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/77284/buffalo-chicken-burgers/